HARD DRIVING

evandostert

Does anyone here push their truck pretty hard in general?

I love spanking this thing. I get a huge kick out of giving actual SPORTY vehicles a hard time.

I love getting "drifts" going around 90* corners on wet roads. I'm also a sportbike guy, so I love hitting corners hard too. (my tires are hating it).

If I wouldn't get laughed off the track by Miata guys, I'd have this thing at a trackday already.

How about those driving schools I've seen... the ones where they wet down a parking lot, and set up a bunch of cones. Anyone ever do one?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of scrub marks on my sidewale from them flexingafter high speed turns. you might as well use it. Some guys on this board actually store the truck from the winter. I just don't get it. I have taken a driving course. It will just make you drive worse. I changed my lines fluid and pads to hawks and used castrol lma brake fluid. It is not a world of difference. Kind of a waste of money. I am gonna get a big brake kit next. Slightly more firmer brake pedal feel. actual stopping difference. I don't think so. 300$ down the drain. Next time I will just do it right. Never take short cuts. Just cost more cash in the long run.

I have a lot of scrub marks on my sidewale from them flexingafter high speed turns.    you might as well use it.    Some guys on this board actually store the truck from the winter.    I just don't get it.    I have taken a driving course.    It will just make you drive worse.    I changed my lines fluid and pads to hawks and used castrol lma brake fluid.    It is not a world of difference.    Kind of a waste of money.    I am gonna get a big brake kit next.    Slightly more firmer brake pedal feel.    actual stopping difference.    I don't think so.    300$ down the drain.  Next time I will just do it right.  Never take short cuts.  Just cost more cash in the long run.

If you didn't notice a big diff with what you have done, then I'd make sure you don't have air in your lines, or maybe leaking fluid somewhere. Everyone who has done this has posted great results. If it's as you say, better to have spent $300 and not get much, than have spent $1200 (Eradispeed +1) and not get much either.

If you didn't notice a big diff with what you have done, then I'd make sure you don't have air in your lines, or maybe leaking fluid somewhere.  Everyone who has done this has posted great results.  If it's as you say, better to have spent $300 and not get much, than have spent $1200 (Eradispeed +1) and not get much either.

:withstupid: Eradispeeds are worthless. Bigger calipers should be the next step. :thumbs:

BTW, you'll need the fluid and stuff anyway during the big brake upgrade, so it's not really $300 down the drain.

I saw a little 2003 Shortbed GMC with the Baer AlumaSport brakes on all four corners with the red calipers and it would throw you through the windshield. The brakes were very responsive, and seemed like something I would consider except for the price! The calipers and rotors looked awesome on the truck through it's 20" rims. I think TByrne has them on sale for 839.00 for all four corners. All you would need is braided lines and a fluid flush :thumbs:

Archived