HARD DRIVING

evandostert

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like to drive real hard lots of hard stops I hit 120 alot........My brakes are fading real bad............I just want the fade to go away.

HUH? Psst, you want to fade to go away then stop beating the s*** out of your ride. How old are you, man. 16?

Some quick runs and stops are cool everyonce in awhile, but these things arent race cars and will never will be. If I where you and still had your mentality for starting and stopping fast, I would spend the money on the Baer Alumasport brake system.

Some ATE Super Blue, stainless lines, and upgraded pads will help. Since you've already experienced serious fade, it's possible you've already boiled your fluid, and if so, its integrity has already been compromised and it's time to change it out. If you don't want to take the time to get ATE fluid, Ford Heavy Duty brake fluid (in the metal can) is an excellent upgrade from stock.

Some ATE Super Blue, stainless lines, and upgraded pads will help.  Since you've already experienced serious fade, it's possible you've already boiled your fluid, and if so, its integrity has already been compromised and it's time to change it out.  If you don't want to take the time to get ATE fluid, Ford Heavy Duty brake fluid (in the metal can) is an excellent upgrade from stock.

Absolutley nothing is going to stop what your experiancing. Get used to changing expensive brake fluid every couple of thousand miles, or learn how to drive smooth.....

I like to drive real hard lots of hard stops I hit 120 alot.    My brakes are fading real bad.   I do not want to go broke over new brakes I just want the fade to go away.

:wtf:

pickup.jpg

:nono:

that's a way to not have to use the brakes. i think he should return the bedliner, it's wrinkled.

I just don't want to spend 2-3g  only to have the problem still there.  I like to drive fast at night.

the only solution is to lighten the truck some and improve the brake cooling either with cooling ducts or different rotors with better pads.

I just don't want to spend 2-3g  only to have the problem still there.  I like to drive fast at night.

I don't think you get it. Your 2.5 ton truck will never stop consistantly without fade. You'd be looking at a $10k system to do what you seem to be asking from it. $2-3k won't help your problem much. Most sports cars (Viper, Vette, Etc) use 6/4 piston set-ups w/ exotic pads and fluids to run track events. Bad part is, the suck cold, they have to constantly have heat in them to stop.

Get a Blown Miata w/ a lightbar if you want to drive fast at night.

Archived