SS vs SRT-10

super88

yeah guys ive been saving.. one of my import friends is telling me to just piece a turbo together.. I found 76mm turbo anywhere from $700-$1200 and then I called a place out here called 1609 MotorSports and they will charge me about $900-$1000 for the intercooler & piping and the manifold.. What do you guys think or just cam and some nos

I FEEL FOR YA....kb racing makes a really nice kit. put me on the fence with tax season comming up. TVS1900 or KBRacing stage 3 76mm???? decisions decisions. my boss actually has a srt10 rc and he always parks next to the SS. iv been trying for months to get him to run me. excuse after excuse... even tho he says he will smoke me badly. I just wanna see ya kno?? :/

I FEEL FOR YA....kb racing makes a really nice kit. put me on the fence with tax season comming up. TVS1900 or KBRacing stage 3 76mm???? decisions decisions. my boss actually has a srt10 rc and he always parks next to the SS. iv been trying for months to get him to run me. excuse after excuse... even tho he says he will smoke me badly. I just wanna see ya kno?? :/

Yeah man.. I wish I got a good tax return my x gets all the money lol.. Your boss wont beat you super bad.. I would say turbo lol

• 1 month later...

Yeah i have a buddy with a Red 4 door with black rims that has always talked his truck up like it's god or something. lol Haven't raced him...i know my little 4.8 would loose but i want to once i get my 6.0! Can't wait to hurt his feelings! lol

nice, sounds like a good race. so what mods do you have now? did the SRT have anything done...?

they are right, a CC SRT10 runs 14.2-14.5 stock... a basic bolt-on RWD VHO/SS would EASILY take one, espeically from a slow roll like that. my roommate a few years ago had an 06 CC SRT10 ram that i found him... i had the SSS still but my DD was none other than a RCSB SRT10 ram :lol: (he swears he had wanted one anyways, no relation to driving mine lmao.... sureeeeee). before we modded them, i raced him a few times.... was priceless. from a dig to 80, i had him by 3-4 trucks and he hardly spun, i spun all thru first part of second (was a little heavy launch). best time i saw in his was 14.28... thats at sea level too :banghead: couple that with 6-7 MPG, we have a winner! that truck sucked...

now the RCSB... i LOVED it powertrain wise- lets not talk about the fit and finish or interior.... not worth it lol. and people say things about GM and plastic... HA. obviously they never driven a Ram. but- it wasnt just a few hundred pounds more and a 4 spd auto VS T56.... it was way more than that. both trucks are cable throttle, SD (speed density- no MAF) tuned trucks (yes these WERE built from 03-07... way to stay current chrysler!). the RCSB had a totally different suspension, factory traction bars (yeah, cool if you ask me), and although both "rated" 505 hp., we saw over 40 RWHP loss on the CCSB. why? it has a secondary cable on the throttle, and no its not for cruise control... its a powertrain abuse management for the auto trans that doesnt exsist on the RCSB. its why we saw barely 470 hp at crank on the CCSB. my truck actually dyno'd out over 505 hp at crank... (yes im aware of less powertrain loss but come on like 2-3% doesnt make 40 RWHP lol)

bottom line? RCSB (assuming they can drive it, which is utterly rare... not an easy truck to drive hard. they will hook pretty well all considering but you need to know it very well- a 305 tire, traction bars, and a 6 spd manual enable you to get a nice launch if you can lol) ran mid 13's stock when i bought it. i know youd think it would be faster but that was a good run actually. we did a Mopar street cam designed for the trucks, (claim 25-30 whp gain according to Mopar, never dyno'd after), CAI, removed OE cats (swear on my life- read this and tested bc i didnt believe it- remove the 4 huge cats ONLY no other exhaust mods- gain of 20-25 RWHP) rest of exhaust stock... stock tune ran 12.9, custom tune ran 12.6. dont recall trap speeds but were high, traction wasnt as easy to obtain after mods.

CCSB- stock best was 14.28... what did it do on a FULL exhaust, no cats, CAI? 14.15 :lol: and it sounded like a pissed off twin-charged I4 (dont ask why... it legit sounded like a forced 4 cyl)... so if you see a CCSB and are lightly modded>....? pick the fight your bound to win :D if you see a RCSB, either be forced, AWD from a dig, or have luck on your side lol. there has been some serious SRT10 rams through the shop down here...

its those SRT8 Jeeps you need to watch.... those little bastards are quick, 1.6 60ft bone stock low 13s. they are geared like old muscle cars and AWD with good power not to mention lighter than our trucks.

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

in my expereince, we have done a few blown ones... i even owned an 05' SRT10 Viper with a Paxton blower putting down 630 RWHP and that thing still sucked.... those engines have THE most NARROW power band EVER! the RCSB we did the blower on was running a 12.8 with bolt ons and tune. after an added 120 RWHP from boost he ran a.... 12.6. yeah. my SSS stilll got him by most of a whole second spinning the whole way :lol: