How to 4l80e swap into AWD Silverado SS

shawnss

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Did you use the stock transfercase that came from an 03 SSS or did you have to get a different one?

Yes, but you will definitely need the 32 spline input shaft.

Referenced this thread doing my 4L80 wiring this weekend. Figured it needed a bump. :cheers: Thanks Shawn.

Which method are you using for wiring/tuning? Segment swap, or relay method?

What is the part number for the adapter to bolt up our t-case to the 80e anyone know? If we get that OEM adapter is it possible to have a dealer instal a 80e input shaft in the t-case? Trying to get my hands in a time2kill shaft now... Anyone have one to sell?????

What is the part number for the adapter to bolt up our t-case to the 80e anyone know? If we get that OEM adapter is it possible to have a dealer instal a 80e input shaft in the t-case? Trying to get my hands in a time2kill shaft now... Anyone have one to sell?????

12547998 is the gear you need... well it's the one I used for the NP246 transfercase

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That won't won't work for the 149 t case. That part is custom and I think Time2Kill is the only source.

Ahhh yes the gear I said works for the 246 tcase with auto trac selectable 4wd

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Do u have to buy the transfer case adapter. Or just the 80 shaft. I am running 4l80 converter with 4l60 bolt pattern so I'm thinking I won't need the spacer

Depends on the flexplate if you need the spacer or not....I would def run the t case input before I turned out the 80e output shaft no question about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a write-up or how to for the 2wd SSS? I heard you have to shorten the 2pc driveshaft and I heard you don't. And I heard the 2wd already have the 1350 yoke on the rear because of the 14 bolt. Anyone know for sure?

Edited by SS truck (see edit history)

Yeah I have a 2wd ish question. Putting plans in motion for a 2wd swap. Only really wanna know if the flex plate spacer is needed for just AWD due to the transfer case or if its needed for 2wd as well just to get it to mount up to the engine

You will need a new Flexplate, bolts and Spacer from say a 2004 Chevy 2500HD pickup to put the 4L80E in your truck weather it is 4WD, AWD or 2WD the spacer is needed for all variations of the 4L80.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...