catalytic converter delete cons and pros 03 SSS

I think i might have gotten lucky. I found a used header back exhaust on ebay for 650 off a 2004 SSS. Dynatech headers, high flow cats with tubes. Im not sure what the catback part of it is but im going to use my existing flowmater duels that exit after the rear tires.

post-17446-0-37282600-1353688616_thumb.jpeg

post-17446-0-53281700-1353688711_thumb.jpeg

post-17446-0-22818500-1353688749_thumb.jpeg

All these guys say get quotes from "Exhaust shops" when your local neighborhood mechanic is capable and willing to do headers/exhaust work. They do the same thing. Maybe an exhaust shop if you want some extreme custom modifications going on. I use my local mechanic. A real old school guy thats just extremely smart and knows his shit. I would try that out first. I got a complete installation on an old truck from a local mechanic for 150$ headers and everything. Its just who you know I guess. But you said you can weld yourself so try that!

All these guys say get quotes from "Exhaust shops" when your local neighborhood mechanic is capable and willing to do headers/exhaust work. They do the same thing. Maybe an exhaust shop if you want some extreme custom modifications going on. I use my local mechanic. A real old school guy thats just extremely smart and knows his shit. I would try that out first. I got a complete installation on an old truck from a local mechanic for 150$ headers and everything. Its just who you know I guess. But you said you can weld yourself so try that!

Correct, most mechanics should be capable of r/r headers and an exhaust system if its a prebent system but most repair shops dont have tubing benders or the means to do custom exhaust work unless it is an exhaust shop like Midas or Meinekee, at least not around here.

It cost me around $400 to have 2 magnaflows installed with me just paying for some pipe and labor.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Take it from me personally. Paying 400-$500 for a header install is rediculous. With a a few basic tools and a few hours to spare there is no reason why you cannot do the install yourself. Get in touch with a buddy that has a wire welder and maybe he can weld up the cats to the headers for you if he is a better welder than you. I have personally went with high flow cats and by deleting the cats altogether. I have a g-tech and I make runs after doing every individual mod and running no cats cut off 2 tenths of my quarter mile run, the high flow cats made no difference. I personally would not install the cats and just go with a good tune and you will be fine.