catalytic converter delete cons and pros 03 SSS

Im thinking of punching out my converters and installing the spark plug foulers on the rear O2 sensors. Ive researched the site and noticed a lot of members have done this modification but no one has said if they lost any low end torque or any other cons? I did notice one comment of an extra raspy sound from the exhaust.

Don't use spark plug non foulers that is sort of the hack way to do that mod, get a tune to delete the trucks rear O2 sensors and you will be good to go. If your truck is mostly stock I don't think you will gain anything by deleting the cats.... Personally I would not do it, but that's just IMO.

Me personally, I dont like the way anything sounds without cats. Its raspy and pops when you take off and let off the pedal. IMO it sounds like ass. If your going to do anything do it the right way. If you have emissions and no cats you will fail the visual inspection.

You can always cut them off and put some high flow cats in there place. I had them on mine for years and recently took them off. I have headers no cats and a dual in out magnaflow and I love it no rasp. It's loud when u get on it but has a nice low rumble.

You can always cut them off and put some high flow cats in there place. I had them on mine for years and recently took them off. I have headers no cats and a dual in out magnaflow and I love it no rasp. It's loud when u get on it but has a nice low rumble.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my ebay cats came in and they turned out to be 3" in and out Magnaflows. ive been searching the site for awhile to figure the cheapest headers to use with these and have come with nothing. Im thinking theres no way I can use the pacesetter LT's because their so long and the cats themselves are so much more longer than the originals or can it be done?. I really like the 3 to 400 dollar range for the PC LT's and would like to stay in that price range, and i am factoring in the exhaust shop fees. Any suggestions? I really want to get my truck back on the road...

Well my ebay cats came in and they turned out to be 3" in and out Magnaflows. ive been searching the site for awhile to figure the cheapest headers to use with these and have come with nothing. Im thinking theres no way I can use the pacesetter LT's because their so long and the cats themselves are so much more longer than the originals or can it be done?. I really like the 3 to 400 dollar range for the PC LT's and would like to stay in that price range, and i am factoring in the exhaust shop fees. Any suggestions? I really want to get my truck back on the road...

I would think it would playout like this

Headers-$500.00

Header install- $400-$500

Exhaust system parts and labor-$500.00

Not including thr price if your cats I would estimate under $2 grand.you can install them yourself and save money but exhaust work is not cheap.

Try to get a quote from an exhaust shop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2