Sign in to follow this  
cleansss20

clock spring

My steering wheel controls don't work, my horn doesn't work, and my abs light is on. I was told this was because of the clock spring. I just bought the truck and didn't notice all the controls didn't work unitl the ride home. What is the part number for this clock spring. I have 2003 SSS. Also the round about cost. Is it hard to change myself or do I need to take it to a dealership.

not sure what this clock spring is, but i know if your going to put in a aftermarket radio you have to get some other thing (i forget the name) maybe some else can chime in and help you out better. How long ago was the radio installed?

Edited by Silverad0 SS

If you're suggesting that when you put in an aftermarket radio you lose steering wheel controls, I already knew that much. It was doing this before I installed the aftermarket. An I've looked online and with the problems i'm having like the horn, airbag light, and no steering wheel controls it points to the clock spring...

If you're suggesting that when you put in an aftermarket radio you lose steering wheel controls, I already knew that much. It was doing this before I installed the aftermarket. An I've looked online and with the problems i'm having like the horn, airbag light, and no steering wheel controls it points to the clock spring...

correct.... and i bet your cruise dont work eaither and you should take it to dealer cuz you gota remove the airbag and steering wheel comes off

believe it or not..my cruise control does work..but maybe because its on the side with the wipers instead of on the actual wheel...about how much you think that clock spring and install from the dealer would run?

Done a bunch of these steering wheels at the dealership. Usually because of smashed ignition switches/stolen cars.My 03 clock spring makes noise but works fine. Not looking foward to having to tear into it,special tools/need three hands! Inspection will tell you whats needed in the way of parts. Can become one of those DONT TRY THIS AT HOME. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.