SCT 6.0 Powestroke, and 05 1/2 ton hemi.

SSenvy

Well my 1 of best buds drives a ford. Its an 06 Powerstroke, SCT tuned by Eric at Innovative. Its Very heavy though, its a dually, with 4:10s and he has 300 gallons fuel tanks avaiblable on it. Last Year it ran a 14.99 at 86 for ref... a bit slow for a tuned diesel, but like i said i think it weighed in at 9k empty

Anyways, another buddy of mine owns a body shop,( owns the 05 1/2 Hemi ) and recently did some paint work on my truck. So Friday Morning, my buddy with the ford gave me a ride to the shop to pick my truck up, and we decided to go to lunch. Well since we all were going seperate ways after lunch we all drove our own vehicles. We catch the light that we are turning left at, which happens to be a 3 lane highway. We are in a line 1 in front of the other, ford first in line, in front of Hemi, which was second in line, and i was third.

Anywho light turns green, and my buddy with the ford drives the truck like he stole it all the time lol ( my wifes refuses to ride with him ) So i pretty much expected he couldnt resist trying to show off once light turned green. So, not surprisingly light turns, and mid way through the turn, the infamous poof Of black smoke which as you guys know, means hes On the gas Hard and my other buddy in the hemi is onhis ass trying to keep up, and of course i have to get on it too. I was ahead of the hemi at around 60, and took me till 85 to catch the Powerstroke, but i caught him. By 100 i had half a truck length lol. Poor hemi was buses and buses behind.. to his defense he did have an extra passanger. Considering i started from behind at the start, i was really pleased with the SS.

So, Killed a ford, and Hemi at the same time... and the best part was, we all laughed about it in the end was just in good fun.

Just thought i would share

there is no top end on diesel's all torque, thats the best way to race a diesel's he beat you in the 1/4 mile but at least you got him on the top end.

Yeah, that truck off the line is a lot of fun, but after about 45, its not very impressive

Awesome kill so not only did you go to lunch and get yourself some food you were nicest enough to feed your truck as well lol. Love to hear it.

Yeah, couldnt have asked for a better day lol.