Fallen Heros Memorial Cruise-in

If you are in the Gulf area there's a car show this Saturday (Oct 13th) at Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile 0900-1500. It's about an hour west of me, but I'm thinking about going. Just wanted to see if anybody else knew about it or was interested in going. The link and all of the details are below. Let me know, if some people are going I will have more incentive to go. Also a good way to honor our fallen.

http://www.ussalabama.com/press.php?press=136

FALLEN HEROES MEMORIAL CRUISE IN

MOBILE, AL – On Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 9:00 – 3:00, the Gear Jammers Car Club of Baldwin County will host the 4th Annual Fallen Heroes Memorial Cruise-In at USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park. At 11:00 am there will be a program featuring several guest speakers, plus a special Vintage airplane flyover.

The Gear Jammers Car Club is inviting all car club clubs and their members or individuals who own Street Rods, Classic Cars and Trucks to participate in this very important and worthy fundraising event. Planners are asking for a $10 donation from those who would like to register their vehicle for the Cruise-In. Dash plaques will be given out to the first 200 entries. The public is invited and encouraged to come out and see all of these great vehicles that will be on display.

All money raised during this event will go to the Fallen Heroes Memorial, a memorial to be built and placed at USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park. This Memorial project was started by Nathan Cox, a former Marine Infantry Officer and Iraq veteran who has all to painfully had to deal with the loss of Marines and friends, and has also witnessed firsthand the toll it takes on their families and loved ones as they have to deal with the fact they’ll never see their son, brother, or father again. Nathan has made the commitment to make sure our fallen warriors have their names etched into eternity as a reminder what makes our country what it is and who has sacrificed to keep it that way.

*Rain Date – Saturday, October 20, 2012