Greater Detroit informal meet

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed! Just a thought, but if anyone is really interested in getting that new "personal best", it might make sense to be there at the crack of dawn (9ish) so as to allow some cool down time vs. getting there later. If I can make it, I'll probably be there waiting at 9. Should be a blast! Fingers crossed for good weather ;-)

I was thinking between 10am-11am. I hope the weather holds up for us too if everyone that plans on going shows we could have 8 to 10 trucks and that would be amazing. Dont think I've seen more than 3 or 4 together at a time in person before I'm real excited. What are the safety rules at Milan? For gear and vehicle?

JFYI there is a local TBSS guy selling his TVS 1900...$4200. I dont see many of these blowers forsale, let alone in MI...would be an awesome addition to an SSS.

I agree with shawn, I will shoot to get there early and let the truck cool down a bit...Reminds me to make sure my tuning laptopfunctions (sh%$)

Would love to buy this!!!! Need a motor before a blower though---lol!

JFYI there is a local TBSS guy selling his TVS 1900...$4200. I dont see many of these blowers forsale, let alone in MI...would be an awesome addition to an SSS.

I agree with shawn, I will shoot to get there early and let the truck cool down a bit...Reminds me to make sure my tuning laptopfunctions (sh%$)

That would be cool---I'm "hoping" to be there waiting at 9----04 Blue Silverado SS

i can be there about 9 9:30 aer we gonna all be able to park together

We do need to decide where we are going to park so we can all be together. Maybe along the fence, up by the clocks? Problem is, as there is an event going on, parking will probably be limited or non existent there and it will be hard to say where we can all find a place to meet and be together. Thoughts anyone???? I guess it wouldn't be too hard to find a bunch of SS trucks---lol! Personally, I like to park over by the staging lanes on the grass. Being there allows quick access to the staging lanes (to watch or get in line) and that area is not always used by the serious racers. They tend to use the asphalt to accomodate their rigs, etc.

If we get there early enough we should be able to get a big enough area down the track a little to all park together.

Would be awesome for sure! You will need a helmet bare minimum. All of our vehilcles should have no problem meeting the tech standards. If you're running slicks, then you need a d/s loop. Anyone have a vehicle here faster then 12's?

I was thinking between 10am-11am. I hope the weather holds up for us too if everyone that plans on going shows we could have 8 to 10 trucks and that would be amazing. Dont think I've seen more than 3 or 4 together at a time in person before I'm real excited. What are the safety rules at Milan? For gear and vehicle?

I'm cool with parking by the staging lanes on the grass, that would be the prime spot just figured it would fill up sooner, i guess we better be there at 9am beating on the gates. And I guess it's time to pull out my wicked awesome 70's open face helmet for a lap or two. Lol

Have faith everyone----it will be alright. Weather forecasts around here seem to be off most of the time. Wait until a day or two out.

There is always Lapeer if the weather is bad on the 28th :cool: Beautiful thing for most of us on this board is we have AWD----so it can be bitter cold and we still hook---lol! Makes for great new PB's!