Sign in to follow this  
07TXSilverado

Ready to Mod 07 vmax

hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to modding 6.0 trucks. The truck is a 07 nbs crew cab 4x4.

I was wondering what type of CAI, long tube headers, and exhaust to run were recommended. Im not worried about the price but I'm open to anything. i have in mind a wheatley or BB tune already. The truck will be daily driven, possibly later a turbo kit will be installed. really looking to get the basic bolt ons as listed first.

Thanks for all replies.

Edited by 07TXSilverado

Man there are so many diff parts I would fo a search at the top right of rhe main screen and do alot of reading. And mods all depend on what you want to use your truck for.

If price isn't an issue I would go with Volant CAI, ARH 1-7/8 headers and Corsa sport exhaust. And definitely get a tune.

i was wanting arh, noticed they were $1500 and kinda wondered if there was something cheaper that did the same, but i assume arh is better quality than others such as flange thickness? and the finish?

Edited by 07TXSilverado

Volant CAI all the way thats what i have and i dont know too much about the exhaust because i only have a cat back exhaust. Welcome from STL

Thanks STL! Already been looking into Volant, can't wait to order now, just wondering about the long tube situation right now..

There are alot of headers out there. I have pacesetters there cheaper than most never had issues. I also had flanges welded on. But like 777 said def get a tune.

The big thing about the ARH headers is that they are 1-7/8" tubing compared to most that are 1-3/4". Bigger tubing = more airflow. They will definitely work better if you plan on going F/I later on.

• Upvote 1

Ever pull the pin and do some mods?

Wondering on your results

yeah he did, he's trucks sounds pretty good real deep sounding, ima tell him to post a vid

I have DynaTechs too. Other than they make the truck noisier, I have never had any issues with them. Never had the fasteners work loose or anything. They make the truck sound mean.

Mike