Should i do this

tonycillo

52 members have voted

1. 1. should i murder out the G8

• Yes
    • No
    • Tint and Wheels only

not everyone can spend the extra $45 bucks on getting a bolt head polished, so its a great way to see if you like it and protect your wheels in the winter months.

you cant say it looks cheap because if done right you don't know the difference. one of these is painted one is plasti dipDSC00375.jpg3980.jpg

Edited by red04supersport (see edit history)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt look good in your opinion and looks cheap (plasi dip) are different things.

and try to have some positive things to say everyone once in a while, no one like a negative "Nancy" trolling around all the time. otherwise our awesome site will be like every other car site full of a bunch a assholes. i have not had an SSS in 2 years and dont plan to go anywhere this site has been amazing and full of a bunch of good guys who love the same thing.

not everyone has the money just to drop money and have their rims painted or powder coated me included, so plasti dip is a great way to see if you like it, so you can save and have it done.

X2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

doesnt look good in your opinion and looks cheap (plasi dip) are different things.

and try to have some positive things to say everyone once in a while, no one like a negative "Nancy" trolling around all the time. otherwise our awesome site will be like every other car site full of a bunch a assholes.

Im gonna call it like I see it, its cheap. Thats all there is too it. Use it if you want, but im gonna call it cheap cause it is.

And I cant say I troll around with a "negative" vibe. I call things like I see it, I just have the balls to say it unlike most. You would be suprised at the PM's I get regarding the comments I sometimes make. 99% of the time its agreeing with me

Tint the windows, the murdered out look is pretty cool on some vehicles but the G8 is a great looking car, blacking it out would take away from the car...

2BFast maybe one of the most opinionated people i know, he speaks his mind. Are some of his comments negative? Yes, but he is just being honest. When someone puts a post up asking what people think of an idea they should expect to get honest answers. This site is full of great people and just cause someone voices an opinion doesn't mean they should be red flagged as the site "****". Looks to me like thats what the site is for, bounce ideas off people, show off pictures, say what we think is cool, etc. etc. If someone wanted to paint there car pink, put green pokadots on it, add eyelashes to the headlights, and put a fuzzy tail on the rear bumper and then they asked what we thought about it, they should expect some honest answers.

i plan to tint the windows, and the wheel will be plasi dipped before the winter. this is my DD and it will keep the salt off of them. if a lower the car any more i wont be able to get over any speed bumps. shit i have to hit my driveway a big angle to not drag the bumper now haha

Tint the windows, the murdered out look is pretty cool on some vehicles but the G8 is a great looking car, blacking it out would take away from the car...

2BFast maybe one of the most opinionated people i know, he speaks his mind. Are some of his comments negative? Yes, but he is just being honest. When someone puts a post up asking what people think of an idea they should expect to get honest answers. This site is full of great people and just cause someone voices an opinion doesn't mean they should be red flagged as the site "****". Looks to me like thats what the site is for, bounce ideas off people, show off pictures, say what we think is cool, etc. etc. If someone wanted to paint there car pink, put green pokadots on it, add eyelashes to the headlights, and put a fuzzy tail on the rear bumper and then they asked what we thought about it, they should expect some honest answers.

Well said. On all of it! LOL

Id leave the wheels alone, I like black on black on some vehicles but I dont think this is one of them. But thats just me, if you like it go for it, your the one driving it not us. If you leave the wheels alone Im sure you will get comments on how great the car is from some people and if you black everything out I'm sure there will be people commenting on it as well. On a side note, is that just a GT or is it a GXP?

i plan to tint the windows, and the wheel will be plasi dipped before the winter. this is my DD and it will keep the salt off of them.

Tint for sure, but your wheels are factory cleared and the salt will hardly do anything to them... if you really want to black something out take the orange reflector out of the bumper and paint it

Its your car though...

ithis is my DD and it will keep the salt off of them.

Im not trying to be a dick here, but your gonna use plasti to protect silver painted wheels for the winter? I didnt think winters around here were that bad and nothing a quick spray off at the car wash cant handle.

Again, im not trying to be a dick but just asking. I guess maybe I can see using it for chrome rims but even that winters around here arent that bad. My R/T rims on my Dakota are chrome and they look like they came from the factory and its always sits outside.