Should i do this

tonycillo

52 members have voted

1. 1. should i murder out the G8

• Yes
    • No
    • Tint and Wheels only

I'm not ashamed to say i plasti my chrome rims for winter here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why? I know some areas in the country arent the most weather friendly but c'mon man. Spraying off ur rims every other day or week depending on the weather really isnt that big a deal. Theres thousands of chrome rim owners that get it done in the winter months around the country without plast crappin their rims than you think including my self and my R/T Dakota. Its cheap....period

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I know some areas in the country arent the most weather friendly but c'mon man. Spraying off ur rims every other day or week depending on the weather really isnt that big a deal. Theres thousands of chrome rim owners that get it done in the winter months around the country without plast crappin their rims than you think including my self and my R/T Dakota. Its cheap....period

Its hard to spray off your rims when you have weeks-months if 10-20° highs and no carwash is open. I don't think there is anything wrong with protecting my rims with an easier more worry free way. I see were you are coming from tho it is cheap and looks tacky but with the stupid mag chloride and salt my city throws down its to difficult to spray them off constantly in freezing weather. So therefore i will continue to protect my rims with it :)

not everyone has the money just to drop money and have their rims painted or powder coated me included, so plasti dip is a great way to see if you like it, so you can save and have it done.

Sorry man I didnt mean to come across that way.. If you want to see how they look or protect them for the winter plasti dip is great.. I ment if you want to do them black for good paint them or powder coat them.. I didnt have the money to have my rims powdercoated so i painted them myself.. You got a nice car bro like I said its yours do what you want ..

Its hard to spray off your rims when you have weeks-months if 10-20° highs and no carwash is open. I don't think there is anything wrong with protecting my rims with an easier more worry free way. I see were you are coming from tho it is cheap and looks tacky but with the stupid mag chloride and salt my city throws down its to difficult to spray them off constantly in freezing weather. So therefore i will continue to protect my rims with it :)

X2 it does suck washing vehicle's around here during the winter time. When its winter up here its winter. seems like w have a look stretch of winter when it does start. i'm just glad i don't care about my DD that much to wash it all the time. plus the wheels are already beat up from yeas ago. stock 91 sierra wheels.

X2 it does suck washing vehicle's around here during the winter time. When its winter up here its winter. seems like w have a look stretch of winter when it does start. i'm just glad i don't care about my DD that much to wash it all the time. plus the wheels are already beat up from yeas ago. stock 91 sierra wheels.

yea my truck hardly gets drove at all anyways also. it pretty much just chills in the garage. i am actually in the process of getting a new dd being that my hyundai took a pooh on me lol.

Also I would get rid of the amber reflectors and go with clear. smoke the lights but dont go black with em. I did with my truck and even though its awsome looking it makes driving at night much harder.

Here are some pictures after the a fast wash still need to do the black box. here is whats done, wheels, side markers, all reflectors, front chrome grille and the center of the pontiac emblem. only things left to do are the window trim, tint, and a shark fin antenna

DSCF0793.jpgDSCF0795.jpgDSCF0794.jpgDSCF0797.jpgDSCF0796.jpgDSCF0798.jpg