Finished z06 brakes

silverss05

Does anyone have finished product photos of the z06 brake conversion? I am try to decide if I want to start piecing this together. I am not sure I want the calipers to say corvette on the outside. Maybe I can have them milled down? Thanks.

Which rotors are best? I see 3 listed so far. 14",15", and 15" two piece.

You want to use the 15" one or two piece. The both have the same dimensions. The two piece are lighter and will make your wallet a lot lighter too.

How come on the 14s it looks like the pads are only contacting half the rotor?

The first couple of versions of the adapter brackets were built around the 14" rotors but a good amount of the pads didn't contact the rotors. Supersub designed a newer/better bracket to work with the 15" rotor, but only made a handful. The ones I sell are a slightly modified version of supersubs design.

Thanks for the pictures guys. I am not sure I like the calipers saying corvette on them...

I may have a source for the calipers without the decal on them at a cheaper price. Let me see if I can find the link.

How come on the 14s it looks like the pads are only contacting half the rotor?

Cause they were, 3/8" of the pad hung up over the top of the 14" rotor. The 1st guy that made the 'old' style brackets failed to mention that and that is why Ray (supersub) did a ton of R & D and made new brackets that fit better.

JeffsSSS006.jpg

JeffsSSS013.jpg

JeffsSSS014.jpg

JeffsSSS036.jpg

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

I may have a source for the calipers without the decal on them at a cheaper price. Let me see if I can find the link.

So the corvette on the calipers is just a decal? So I can take it off or powder coat over it? Hmmmm interesting.

So the corvette on the calipers is just a decal? So I can take it off or powder coat over it? Hmmmm interesting.

It's not a decal, its like screen printed on there. A little bit of buffing compound and the end of your finger would do the trick.