13" Front Brake Upgrade

BlueAKSSS

Same question. Is there a difference in the rears at all between the 07 Tahoe an stock SS discs?

Is there any benefit to going with full Tahoe won't and rear package?

Or any reason why not to?

It'd be simpler if I can get the front and rear setups for the same vehicle and not do Tahoe fronts SS rear.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just ordered a pretty good sized pile of parts to do this upgrade. I went with two separate rotor/pad kits from power stop, stainless braided lines, and am picking up tahoe calipers for the front.

The stock rotors on my truck were shot and one of the front calipers started sticking some so I figured it was a good time to do it. I will try to post some pics and a parts/price list if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Still doing some research on brake kits. I know Baer has a bracket relocation kit for 14 inch rotors $545 per axle. SSBC has a kit for both axles $690. I really want the bigger discs but if you can do the 13 inch upgrade for $300. Decisions.... Decisions. If only I won the lottery....

• 1 year later...

revival question! looking to do the tahoe 13" front upgrade. i replaced my hoses last year with braided hoses on my stock brake set up. i assume the hoses would still fit the 07 tahoe calipers, but would like a confirmation on that

also, will you be able to return your stock silverado caliper as a core for the tahoes?

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

revival question! looking to do the tahoe 13" front upgrade. i replaced my hoses last year with braided hoses on my stock brake set up. i assume the hoses would still fit the 07 tahoe calipers, but would like a confirmation on that

also, will you be able to return your stock silverado caliper as a core for the tahoes?

1. Hoses will go right on

2. If you return it to the local monkey at Napa/Oreilly then yes, if its to someone like rockauto who actually looks to see whats in the box, then no.

• 2 years later...