13" Front Brake Upgrade

BlueAKSSS

Drove the truck all around today and everything seems awesome so far! Pedal seems much firmer and much much more responsive than its ever felt since I've owned the truck and it stops 10x's better. Like a new truck! I'm happy! Now I just need to do my rear brakes since they are slightly warped and the pads are worn too, and I'll paint the rear calipers and install the SS decals. Makes the truck look so much nicer with painted calipers!

Thanks! My truck will be seeing new breaks very shortly. Glad to see you're happy with it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the part numbers for O'Reilly/Parts City Stores (where I work).

QC1092 ThermoQuiet Wagner pads

580279RGS Best Brakes rotors

18-4918 Best brakes caliper right

18-4919 Best Brakes caliper left

I'm assumeing we can re-use the factory brackets? If not, they are available as well. These are what I consider our best pads and the brand rotors and calipers we sell the most of. Of course other brands are available.

I am glad to see this thread. I will definitely consider this. I would like to upgrade my brakes at some point, but I just dont see me spending $3500+ for an aftermarket bake setup. I will wait a bit though, just painted my stock calipers a couple weeks ago! LOL

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the part #'s. Which parts chain did you buy from?

Got them from FATS (Federated Auto Parts) up here in Anchorage, seemed to be a better deal than Oreilly's.

Here are the part numbers for O'Reilly/Parts City Stores (where I work).

QC1092 ThermoQuiet Wagner pads

580279RGS Best Brakes rotors

18-4918 Best brakes caliper right

18-4919 Best Brakes caliper left

I'm assumeing we can re-use the factory brackets? If not, they are available as well. These are what I consider our best pads and the brand rotors and calipers we sell the most of. Of course other brands are available.

I am glad to see this thread. I will definitely consider this. I would like to upgrade my brakes at some point, but I just dont see me spending $3500+ for an aftermarket bake setup. I will wait a bit though, just painted my stock calipers a couple weeks ago! LOL

I think the brackets are a bit different, I got the Semi-loaded calipers which included the brackets and everything. As far as I can tell the new calipers are slightly larger and I would assume that since the rotor is bigger and the caliper is that a new bracket would be needed.

Did this about a year ago. Great upgrade for about $300.00.

Matt has the part #s correct. I used Akebono pads as they supply the OE pads for GMT 800-900 series.

Best bang for the buck IMO and you'll be able to get replacement parts anywhere.

Different caliper and bracket, make sure you get the later model caliper w/bracket, referred to as a friction ready caliper.

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

Autozone P/N's :P

Caliper's 2 year warranty

c822 - R

c823 - L

Caliper Bolts

H15937

Bracket's

14-1128 - R

14-1129 - L

Rotor's

55097 - 2 year warranty

Pad's (premium ceramic)

DGC1092 - Lifetime warranty

Total after cores was $316

Total without cores was $400

Part number for loaded caliper (ceramic pads)

RC11714 - L

RC11713 - R

Edited by La SS (see edit history)

Autozone P/N's :P

Caliper's 2 year warranty

c822 - R

c823 - L

Caliper Bolts

H15937

Bracket's

14-1128 - R

14-1129 - L

Rotor's

55097 - 2 year warranty

Pad's (premium ceramic)

DGC1092 - Lifetime warranty

Total after cores was $316

Total without cores was $400

Part number for loaded caliper (ceramic pads)

RC11714 - L

RC11713 - R

Thanks for the list, Jose. :cheers:

Do you have any experience with the premium ceramic pads?

Thanks for the list, Jose. :cheers:

Do you have any experience with the premium ceramic pads?

Yea, looked up reviews before i bought em. Alot of people liked them, including my self.

I put on new rear rotors to finish off this job since my old ones where rusted bad and warped now the truck stops absolutely awesome, that really finished off the brake job. Now I can call this job completed, very worth while upgrade for any AWD SS that has the smaller front brakes!!

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...