Dual electric fans

jesus0639

Damn good deal. Wish I could find a deal like that.

Yea last person i talked to wanted like 180 for his with no harnes.....did a couple research....i might need a bigger alternator....and a tune to enable e-fans and temp stat

Yea last person i talked to wanted like 180 for his with no harnes.....did a couple research....i might need a bigger alternator....and a tune to enable e-fans and temp stat

This is correct. Temp stat and alternator not required but great idea.

This is correct. Temp stat and alternator not required but great idea.

I think i might need the alternator and a better battery because just my sound system dims the lights....are those high output alts any good

Someone posted this link, the other day, about a write up, (at Performance Trucks), on the e-fan conversion project.

Sorry that I can't remember who in order to give proper credit, but here's the link. It's a good read before tackling this project.

Best luck with your project and congrats on the good deal. (I would definitely get the high output alt.)

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/technical-write-ups-201/installing-06-chevy-e-fans-01-chevy-484892/

I did this exact same conversion. $100 is a great price. It's not hard. No need to change Alt or anything else. But you do need to have the computer tuned to turn on and off the fans with the AC and temp sensor. And make sure you have good relays. Thats the only problem I have had in 2 years so far is the relay for the AC fan burns up during the summer because of the heat. Of course I'm in Tucson AZ also.

Great price on it!

I would upgrade to a 145a alt especially if you have a system. The stock charging system is barely sufficient for what it powers as it is, and adding the fans will be a huge draw. The high draw from the fans causes more heat to be generated, and the relays for the fans are usually the first to burn up. Also in the tune you can have the tuner set delays on the fans and on and off temps which helps keep the amp draw down.

Great price on it!

I would upgrade to a 145a alt especially if you have a system. The stock charging system is barely sufficient for what it powers as it is, and adding the fans will be a huge draw. The high draw from the fans causes more heat to be generated, and the relays for the fans are usually the first to burn up. Also in the tune you can have the tuner set delays on the fans and on and off temps which helps keep the amp draw down.

I agree. except the ALT. I have 150K on my truck with a system and elec fan conversion 2 years ago and no problems. But he probrably has a good point on the relays. Except he's not in extreme heat like I am. I think we are both 50/50 right here. And I will be taking his advice in consideration in the future if I have a realy go bad on me again. I've only gone through 2 relays in 2 summers when its 110 degrees.

When I was talking about heat I was meaning the heat created by the electrical system that destroys the components from the excessive draw. This is why fan motors, relays, and wires burn up. Not just because of the ambient temp outside. Found a little reading on what i'm talking about.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-L3GJa93r6mA/learn/reviews/20030729/current_affairs.html?page=2

And going through "only" 2 relays in 110* temps in 2 years sucks. If I were on a trip or missed work because the truck was overheating or burnt up my wires i'd be pissed. The good relays cost $30ea (3 relays on most aftermarket harness') and now your at $60 of the $150 to get a new 145a alt. Does the larger alt cure all the electrical problems with the fan conversion and burning up relays no but it reduces the stress on your important starting and charging system.

Just my .02 and if you want another cheap insurance do the Big 3 wire upgrade also.

A stock DR44G will be the 145a alt. A high output alt larger than the 145 unit is up to you. There have been mixed reviews on the larger aftermarket units. I run the stock 145a and a overdrive alt pulley to keep the amps higher at idle. I have no issues with dimming of the lights when the bass hits or when the fans come on and i'm running hi-low hids to.

Im buying some fans with harness from a 06 sss for 100 bucks...is it a good buy and is the conversion simple i have the fan clutch style

Nice, wish I could find a deal like this!!