AWD 4l80e conversion

And another providing information with little to no experience.

Sorry but I have a case of the red ass about this lately. Its annoying to see guys providing and suggesting information about things they have only read about on here or related forums. Its called forum modding

Sorry Andrew, you have seemed to be a pretty good dude but more times than not I read your posts and think to myself....wtf :uhoh:

Brian, we both know everyone has opinions, and their like assholes they stink. I also have respect for you and your truck. But to see people talk trash about the stock trannies that can be beefed up and be the 2nd fastest 1/4 mile proves they can be reliable when done correctley. And yes they are the pick of the bunch. I recall many members having issues when completely stock when their was the original group of guys on here back in 2005. I dont know much mechanics, Ill be the 1st to admit it. Im sure alot of people say the same thing with my posts, but I could care less. I will never be the mechanic you are, I get terminology wrong alot as I am up 72 hours at a time. So yes when I said the 4L80e was a 6 speed, that was a complete screw up due to no sleep. Yes I was wrong. I tried to add my .02 cents in as Ive had my truck just about as long as you have. I just joined the site later but was lurking since early 05.Instead of continuing to argue Im simply going to say I wish you luck on the sale of your truck and hope you dont have anymore tranny problems as I dont know the current status of it. I think we both can agree the site has changed alot over the past couple years. I chimed in quickly to this thread initially as I know the tedious questions are asked everyday on this site, and thought I could help this member out, but I screwed up on the 4L80 to the 6L80.Enough is enough though. Were supposed to be helping each other out here not bitching at each other like little teens thinking whoes tougher. Thats what made this site so damn great a couple years back. I absorbed so much info but of course I am going to get some things mixed up, and that is why I respect members like you to correct me. Just not sarcastically.Maybe i should change my name on here to "konfuzed" -chevy symbol-

To make a simple suggestion. Think about how deep your pockets are and can be to replace one if not more trannys at 3k a pop for a 60. This isn't including anything with the converter either.

Then take a look at the amount of time you have to mess with pulling it out or having someone do it one or more times.

I am a gambler, but when the odds are in my favor. And I do all my own work so time is important to me. All in all I will be safe than sorry and give a little down low (unless I'm spraying) to have the peace of mind that I will be able to make it home. That is why I'd go 80e!

Brian, we both know everyone has opinions, and their like assholes they stink. I also have respect for you and your truck. But to see people talk trash about the stock trannies that can be beefed up and be the 2nd fastest 1/4 mile proves they can be reliable when done correctley. And yes they are the pick of the bunch. I recall many members having issues when completely stock when their was the original group of guys on here back in 2005. I dont know much mechanics, Ill be the 1st to admit it. Im sure alot of people say the same thing with my posts, but I could care less. I will never be the mechanic you are, I get terminology wrong alot as I am up 72 hours at a time. So yes when I said the 4L80e was a 6 speed, that was a complete screw up due to no sleep. Yes I was wrong. I tried to add my .02 cents in as Ive had my truck just about as long as you have. I just joined the site later but was lurking since early 05.Instead of continuing to argue Im simply going to say I wish you luck on the sale of your truck and hope you dont have anymore tranny problems as I dont know the current status of it. I think we both can agree the site has changed alot over the past couple years. I chimed in quickly to this thread initially as I know the tedious questions are asked everyday on this site, and thought I could help this member out, but I screwed up on the 4L80 to the 6L80.Enough is enough though. Were supposed to be helping each other out here not bitching at each other like little teens thinking whoes tougher. Thats what made this site so damn great a couple years back. I absorbed so much info but of course I am going to get some things mixed up, and that is why I respect members like you to correct me. Just not sarcastically.Maybe i should change my name on here to "konfuzed" -chevy symbol-

No problem Andrew. Sinner explains things to a T. Those members everyone has mentioned with 60's still together are either very mechaniclly inclined and have mechanical resources or dont use their truck as a daily driver. Most guys on here either dont have the knowledge, tools, garage, or the money to keep dumping into a transmission that is not designed for this kind of abuse. You guys can keep throwing out points and examples about so and so's is still together but in the end for the average joe on here that has the chance to make more power than just average bolts ons an 80 is your answer. Again FLT produces steller units and I cant deny their quality but you can put together an 80 swap (trans,converter,crossmember, driveshafts, cooler lines, and wiring) for just as much or sometimes a little less than one of the top units from FLT with a converter.

To make a simple suggestion. Think about how deep your pockets are and can be to replace one if not more trannys at 3k a pop for a 60. This isn't including anything with the converter either.

Then take a look at the amount of time you have to mess with pulling it out or having someone do it one or more times.

I am a gambler, but when the odds are in my favor. And I do all my own work so time is important to me. All in all I will be safe than sorry and give a little down low (unless I'm spraying) to have the peace of mind that I will be able to make it home. That is why I'd go 80e!

Again FLT produces steller units and I cant deny their quality but you can put together an 80 swap (trans,converter,crossmember, driveshafts, cooler lines, and wiring) for just as much or sometimes a little less than one of the top units from FLT with a converter.

I did not know the 80e conversion would be possibly a little less than the top unit from FLT. Thank you for pointing that out. I guess if I were in xxssmaniacxx shoes and money wasnt an issue I would do the 80e and not worry about adding more power to his truck down the line. Once again thank you for understanding and hope you dont think any less of me. Yes I have my moments of stupidity and I do fall into the average Joe category. Im just lucky to have some GM Mechanics as friends and they try to steer me in the right direction, as well as you have helped me out a couple times with info like the ARH LT headers and the 3inch collectors. -cheers bro-

Wow, so we have Assholes and dumb asses. Great thread ruined by a jerk off. Dude, seriously your jerk response derailed this thread thanks....

Try using the "Quote" button so we can all read who you are talking about so we can eat popcorn and wait for a Newb ass chewing..... That is all

Continue!

If I would have known starting off what I know about the 60e trannys I would have gone 80e from the beginning just to save myself the trouble of having so many failures. I've got way more money into fixing 60e's than I would have ever spent on the 80e swap to begin with. Hell I could have bought a built 80e by now and a $1000+ converter and still had money left over from what I've already spent. Just save yourself the trouble and put an 80 in it. Event stock low mile unit with a shift kit and a good quality converter will hold up to pretty much anything you wanna throw at it. Good luck to the OP on whatever route you decide to go.

And Brian, you are a dick remember! But so am I, who gives a shit. Especially when you're right, lol

If I would have known starting off what I know about the 60e trannys I would have gone 80e from the beginning just to save myself the trouble of having so many failures. I've got way more money into fixing 60e's than I would have ever spent on the 80e swap to begin with. Hell I could have bought a built 80e by now and a $1000+ converter and still had money left over from what I've already spent. Just save yourself the trouble and put an 80 in it. Event stock low mile unit with a shift kit and a good quality converter will hold up to pretty much anything you wanna throw at it. Good luck to the OP on whatever route you decide to go.

And Brian, you are a dick remember! But so am I, who gives a shit. Especially when you're right, lol

I'm with you on this. I could have a built motor with how much I've spent on replacing 60s. I'm at like 9k on 3 60s. That would be a nice boosted motor.