AWD 4l80e conversion

U have obviously never made enough power to justify this comment. Jusss saying. Forum modding isnt cool. Jussssssss sayin

second fastest truck on this forum runs a FLT 65e. and a low 11 sec truck in my area does as well. just sayin

second fastest truck on this forum runs a FLT 65e. and a low 11 sec truck in my area does as well. just sayin

^^^^This.I know 2 local SS trucks that arent on here, just with 2 more big hp goodies and should be putting out more power easily than 2BFast. Both trans are built and hold. Just saying x2.

#1 if it was a new Denali it has the 6L90E in it.

#2 I love all this HP rating stuff. Bottom line torqe is what brakes shit. The higher torque output, heavy weight, and AWD or sticky 2WD is what eats 60s up.

#3 80E's are prone to failure also just in totally different areas.

Here's the sad truth. No matter what you do you are relying on a man engineered part. They all have flaws. They will all break some well before others.

When shit broke my father always said, " that's life in the fast lane". I learned you have to pay to play. So no matter the OPs decision. Remember it will break... May take 10 years or 10 minutes.

Not tryin to stir the pot or anything. But sense you brought this up pretty sure the fast truck on here runs a 80.

Different things work for different people. No matter what with power stuff breaks as we all know to well : )

im not trying to stir the pot either just putting out information. people buy built 65e's from shitty companies and trashes the name for the legitimate ones. im all for the 80e swap if your putting down the numbers to back up that massive first gear

Not tryin to stir the pot or anything. But sense you brought this up pretty sure the fast truck on here runs a 80.

The fastest one on here runs an 80e, but the one 1/10 of a second slower than it runs a 65e. In fact......

Krambo went 10.8 @ 128

Blacky SS13 went 11.0 @ 125

AZFASTESTSS went 11.2 @ 122

12secss e.mack 11.5 @ 115

.....all on a built 4L65E, and some even have multiple 11 second passes. I may have even left a couple out like mwalls54 and mean05. The proof is on the pudding so to say, you don't need a 4L80e to go really fast........

There's no pot to stir? 2BSLOW is just a dick and we all ignore it. IMO nothing compares to a 4l80e it's hard to break it's strong people that spend the money doing it have less problems. People like shadowsniper trying to get everybit out of there setup they go with the 65e. IMO if your over 650whp in a SS you need the 80e. The 65e may hold up for few passes but for how long?? The choice is up to you, you get what you pay for. I'm leaning toward the finishline lvl7 with a 2800stall and hoping to be putting out over 500 to the wheels, should be good for DD'ing

Thanks guys for all the info now I don't know what to do lol imma think about it and let you guys know later. And I didn't mean to start a war over this 2bfast is very knowledgeable but so are alot of older members.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? LOL

the 80e swap cost me half of what a built 60 would of cost me and thats with a billet converter included about 1700 total with EVERYTHING . built 60 is around 3500 + core /shipping ? dont get why guys are saying its more to go 80.

4l80>4l60 /end thread

the 80e swap cost me half of what a built 60 would of cost me and thats with a billet converter included about 1700 total with EVERYTHING . built 60 is around 3500 + core /shipping ? dont get why guys are saying its more to go 80.

4l80>4l60 /end thread

cirlcle D in Houston quoted me 6grand and I provide the parts...

So do the work yourself...of course a big named company is going to want a ton of money to do an 80e swap for you, it's really not THAT difficult of a swap. I have a guy here that has been pulling and installing my 60e's every time they break but that's just because I'm working all the damn time and he is a good friend who owns a transmission swap. He is helping me do my 80e swap and I can tell you even with his help I might have 2k tied up in the whole thing when it's all said and done and that will be with the purchase of the Trans and a new converter. Like Brian said sure you can have a fast truck with a 60e but it's all a game of chance if they're going to hold up. I'd rather just go ahead and put in an 80e and not worry about it anymore. Ask these guys how hard I am on my truck and I've been through a few 60e trannys already and trust me, I'm sick of the damn hassle.

cirlcle D in Houston quoted me 6grand and I provide the parts...

Circle D quoted me over a grand for a shift kit and convertor install. Never go to them for installs, local guys run much much cheaper