My SSS got broken into last night--angry!~

detjoe

That's unfortunate man. I really hate to hear that. You are a better man than I am. I would loose my mind if my $hit got jacked and I knew where it was and the law wouldn't do anything about it. I would freakin loose it man.

That's unfortunate man. I really hate to hear that. You are a better man than I am. I would loose my mind if my $hit got jacked and I knew where it was and the law wouldn't do anything about it. I would freakin loose it man.

:withstupid::M16:

we tracked her Ipad with my iphone and the track my iphone app...got a GPS location about 10 blocks away, found my kids bag on the curb near where I got a ping for the divice. I uderstand what is legal for police to do...and I am not wanting to violate anyone else but this seemed like an easy win for the police. But we have had alot of budget reduction in our police force in the city so I know that property is not important.

Tring to move past it, for the kids more than anything. All their swimming trunks were stolen and they were sad :(

Got to get some jimmyjammers put on the truck so its not so easy to get into, I am so glad they did not steal the entire truck.

I know I could get ghetto as hell and go to the house but too many people get shot in detroit...

thanks for the support guys

Joe, again , i'm very sorry about this, i'm sure the kids were probably shaken up over it and i'm sure you're furious.

Can you post pics of how they got in your truck? Did they just stick a slim jim down between the window and the door and unlock it?

screw driver into lock cylinerd on drivers door. everything in there is plastic and easy to either dislodge the lock cylinder or the door handle. I was lucky they were good :( and did not damage the door paint or handle. I am gonna pull it apart and make a plate and secure the lock cylinder with a metal hose clamp...check out jimmyjammers site, informative and scary how easy these trucks are to get in. I am also considering a new alarm that is not controlled by the door locks.

I am going thru my connection to see if I can find an officer who will kick some ass...but mostly trying to get over it! its a big downer to feel violated.

thanks again guys, I knew you would understand.

wow.. that really sucks im sorry to hear that, like everyone else as said, people just have no respect.. again i'm really sorry to hear that, just keep your head up, look on the bright side, you still have your truck, and youand your family are safe

Wow, I am sorry to hear this Joe. I know it would take some serious restraint if someone broke into my truck and I had an idea where they were.

Off topic a little, but as you said you were laying sod (I have 15,000 sq. feet so I know how much a pita it is), think they might have scoped your truck out while laying the new lawn? Were the neighborhoods not too far away? Im even contemplating only getting my truck to ship to NY to have ARH's cat back and LT's put on at their facility and driving it home and keeping it locked up till the big 10th anniversary next year (2003 SS trucks).

I hope the best for you and the family. Just glad to hear the truck is ok and still with you.