Anchorage, Alaska

SSAlaska

how about during the day or something?  then everyone can see some SS's blingin their rims in the sun :jester:  

in my WRX club, we usually met up at sears, then went from there...like to a place to eat. usually red robin or chilis :cheers:

saturday or sunday would be good for me :chevy:

Not a bad idea, But lets meet some where a bit more visable. We arent no stinking WRX :smash: , We drive manly trucks not girly sedans. Turbo, Shmerbo :nono::crackup::P:jester: I am just giving you a hard time man. :crackup: I am down for the resturant idea, But I am with IBCNYA (Todd), Barnes and Nobel is a good spot. But I am down for anywhere. Lets just keep our fingers crossed. And hope for good weather. :banghead::flag:

Lets hope for Saturday if the weather is good. The IBCNYA SS is getting lowered on Friday. :cool:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how about during the day or something?  then everyone can see some SS's blingin their rims in the sun :jester:  

in my WRX club, we usually met up at sears, then went from there...like to a place to eat. usually red robin or chilis :cheers:

Not a bad idea, But lets meet some where a bit more visable. We arent no stinking WRX :smash: , We drive manly trucks not girly sedans. Turbo, Shmerbo :nono::crackup::P:jester: I am just giving you a hard time man. :crackup: I am down for the resturant idea, But I am with IBCNYA (Todd), Barnes and Nobel is a good spot. But I am down for anywhere. Lets just keep our fingers crossed. And hope for good weather. :banghead::flag:

Lets hope for Saturday if the weather is good. The IBCNYA SS is getting lowered on Friday. :cool:

How much you going to pay for that? And how low you going to go? Where you getting it done?

How much you going to pay for that? And how low you going to go? Where you getting it done?

I think Jimmy's shop is going to charge me 2 hrs labor. Im doing the 2" shackle drop in the ass end and rolling the torsion bars down 2-3 turns. The shop will be shimming the rack n pinion to offset this torsion bar roll down. I think this is new. I know a couple of guys who didnt shim the rack n pinion after this and have vibration at 60-70mph. Its only a slight vibration but I dont want any. So im shimming.

I think Jimmy's shop is going to charge me 2 hrs labor. Im doing the 2" shackle drop in the ass end and rolling the torsion bars down 2-3 turns. The shop will be shimming the rack n pinion to offset this torsion bar roll down. I think this is new. I know a couple of guys who didnt shim the rack n pinion after this and have vibration at 60-70mph. Its only a slight vibration but I dont want any. So im shimming.

I gotta take a ride to see how that feels. Wonder how much it will improve handling? Do you think heavy snow, High Snow, Will hinder your ability to get around? :dunno:

No doubt, That is going to look sweet. :thumbs::cool::driving::flag:

I dont see it hampering me in the winter at all. If the snow is to deep. I simply will not drive it for a few hours until the streets are reeled in.

Im going to go look at snowmachines this weekend. Someone told me these trucks tow well. :thumbs:

Your welcome to take it for a spin once its all done. :driving:

I dont see it hampering me in the winter at all. If the snow is to deep. I simply will not drive it for a few hours until the streets are reeled in.

Im going to go look at snowmachines this weekend. Someone told me these trucks tow well.  :thumbs:

Your welcome to take it for a spin once its all done.  :driving:

Right on, Sounds good, I am sure your still down for the cruise this weekend. :cheers::flag:

Weather.com has changed their forecast for the worse, Looks like showers Saturday. :banghead::shakehead::ughdance: However, They do change their forecast. I will continue to monitor the weather. I would still be interested in getting together this weekend, If for nothing more to shoot the sh!t. :flag:

Wonder how much it will improve handling?...No doubt, That is going to look sweet. :thumbs:  :cool:  :driving:  :flag:

I noticed that handling (cornering) was definately improved after lowering the truck. IMO it drastically reduced the side-to-side body roll I noticed before.

Undoubtedly the truck looks much better lowered too, Especially with a nice Speedsturr lid. :thumbs:

TJ, Jim's shop was going to cut the bump stops on mine. I had them replace the bump stops/ c clamp with another setup. It is an adjustable stop made to fit in the stock mounting point. So far, no riding on the stops at all. :thumbs: Also, they only charged me 1 hour shop labor to do mine. Maybe because you're having the shims done? :dunno:

i saw a sweet red SS at wal mart the other day...had a gaylords lid, grille and dark tint. the lid looks bad ass :chevy:  is that member on here?  truck also had veteran plates...

I met that guy at the rainmaker carwash on tudor. He is a retired Air Force guy, He is a bit older but cool as hell. I dont recall all the details, But he also has a tweaked out vette. Shit I cant remember his name, I told him about the site. He will show up on here for sure sooner or later. :flag:

i saw a sweet red SS at wal mart the other day...had a gaylords lid, grille and dark tint. the lid looks bad ass :chevy:   is that member on here?  truck also had veteran plates...

AK04SS, if that was South side walmart that was me! I also live around the corner from you. :D

SSAlaska...You're thinking of someone else. I've met that guy too, but he didn't have the Gaylord's Speedsturr lid.

i saw a sweet red SS at wal mart the other day...had a gaylords lid, grille and dark tint. the lid looks bad ass :chevy:   is that member on here?  truck also had veteran plates...

AK04SS, if that was South side walmart that was me! I also live around the corner from you. :D

SSAlaska...You're thinking of someone else. I've met that guy too, but he didn't have the Gaylord's Speedsturr lid.

I remember the guy's name, Harold. Cool old fella. Lefty, When I met him he had the lid, I dont recall what type. :dunno: And based on what I remember he was also left handed. As am I. :thumbs::cheers::flag:

I've got GI Joe duty this weekend, so it will be hard for me to go this weekend.  :sigh:

Well, We still have the meet next weekend. Is there any time on saturday that does work for you lefty? Hopefully we will have better weather. I am just wanna get out and show off the SS's. :flag:

EDIT: I just checked the weather fellas and the outlook is good. Saturday should be partly cloudy. 20% chance of rain. Lets hope this outlook holds. Who is going to be able to show up? :driving::flag:

Archived