Sign in to follow this  
solanistec

Exhaust question

I have a 06 v-max with headers and a cold air kit on it. Is a dual 3in set up too much for a basicly stock 6.0? I tryed looking at older post but couldn't find the answer i was looking for.

Edited by solanistec

No, mine has 3" from the factory. Any larger exhaust even with a blower etc is way to big and will end up hurting you in the long run as far as backpressure is concerned.

Actualy it is two 2 3/4 pipes to the muffler. I want to run a true dual setup from the cats to tail pipes in 3 in. How bad is it going to hurt performance? Right now there is a hacked up system with two blown out magnaflows and 2 1/2? pipe that seen better days. I'm thinking true 3 in system with good mufflers. I know I will lose some torque but I don't want to hurt anything.

Youll be fine with the pipes you got.

I have a 06 v-max with headers and a cold air kit on it. Is a dual 3in set up too much for a basicly stock 6.0? I tryed looking at older post but couldn't find the answer i was looking for.

It's not too much. Any bigger would be. Didn't your vmax come with true duals all the way to the muffler anyway? I have an 06 vmax and when I bought it new it had true duals to the muffler with bigger than 2 1/2 inch pipe. Shouldn't need anymore than that. Guys on here are running one 3 inch pipe back and they are forced induction. (Corsa).