2014 Silverado SS Spied? We've got pictures.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure if you guys know yet or not but GM trademarked 'SS' on April 13th and will no longer be an upgraded model.. So its not going to be a upgrade anymore. They are doing the same thing Dodge and SVT did.. its no longer a Dodge Viper, its an SVT Viper. It's going to be considered the modern day Caprice. There is an SS and and SSV I think and their both a 4 door sedan.

IDK if thats 100% true. Everything I have read says that GM has not trademarked "SS" but actually the design of the SS emblem, like the one on the Camaro. The trade Mark says the letters SS in a fanciful design....whatever the hell that means

I dont think GM is going to follow Dodge and make SS its "own brand" like SRT. THere are so many rumors flying around right now about a GM trademarking the SS and how that means they are going to make a RWD Sedan called the SS.

Check this article out: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/04/is-chevy-launching-ss-sub-branddoes-autoblog-know-that-trademarks-and-patents-are-two-different-things/

It says that the Trademark application that the first use of the SS mark was March 16th 2009 which was the exact day that the 2010 Camaro went on sale. So I think its just the SS badge as seen on the Camaro that is being trademarked. I think Chevy is going to bring back the SS in a couple vehicles and use the same SS badge on the current camaro. Hoepfully one of those is the SSS

If you look hard enough, it does indeed look like it has air brake ducts under the body panel wraps. You can see the wrap pushed back in, as if its outlining an air brake duct. Stare at the bumper long enough and you can see it.

If you look hard enough, it does indeed look like it has air brake ducts under the body panel wraps. You can see the wrap pushed back in, as if its outlining an air brake duct. Stare at the bumper long enough and you can see it.

Could just be fog lights though

^^^That was my exact thinking, the exhaust looks like it isnt performance. Im starting to wonder if this is a truck to compete with the Raptor...but chromes and being lowered so much in the front wouldnt make sense then. They've got something up their sleeve.

1. Make it a numbered edition.

2. Give it some SNOT, not just the biggest off the shelf truck engine. (hint: LSA package???)

3. Make it Unique, not just a badged half ton with a wheel package.

GM seems to "please the masses" and go with their top selling platform, give it the biggest off the shelf truck engine and do some cosmetics as an afterthought. Regardless, I will be in the market...let's see if GM will give us what we are looking for.

I don't believe in a million years that this is the new SSS. Sure GM probably has something up their sleeve, and they may have plans for a new SSS, but this can't be it. The mirrors may be temporary, but the ride height, and the wheels are what give me my doubts. Sure the wheels are big, but they aren't sporty at all. And the ride height, there is nothing sporty or special about that. Just my opinion.

hmmm.... ill take a new SSS in Extended Cab, AWD, with an LSx motor, please! factory fog lights and a lowered SPORT truck stance. what brought me to the SSS over the lightning or SRT10 was the fact that it could still be used as a truck while also looking sporty, so I hope they stick with that and give it an awesome motor.