SPAM E-Mail

NHSilverado

Question

Administrator of SilveradoSS.com;

I would hope that this site would treat their member's personal information such as e-mail addresses with some respect and security. I would hate to think that the rubbish e-mail I got from this site( see below )is actually from the webmaster here as it claims it is? Obviously if it is not really from him/here disregard my annoyance but please take note then that someone is spamming people using a clone of your site's name and address. Whether it came from here or not it makes you look bad either way so I wanted to post and voice my annoyance as well as to let you know it happened..

I haven't been on here for years, and was only on briefly anyway, but I have never received trash like this from the site before. I actually was surprised when I looked into the header to see who really sent it that it may really have come from here? I really hope not. If it did then whomever sent it should be removed from their position. This is not appropriate e-mail to be sending out to your member list.

Thank you for your time and please see that "IF" it did come from here that I receive no further such garbage.

Note - I have removed my e-mail address from the header info below. If you wish me to forward a copy of this e-mail to verify the info below to you please post an address to send it to and I will. I will check back in a day or so to see your response.

HEADER INFO:

X-Apparently-To: ******************* via 72.30.239.56; Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:19:56 -0700

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Received-SPF: none (domain of autoinsane.com does not designate permitted sender hosts) c2FnZSBpcyB0byBpbmZvcm0geW91IGFib3V0IHRoZSBSZXZvbHV0aW9uOiBP Q0NVUFkgSE9VU0VTIE9GIFBBUkxJQU1FTlQgSU4gTE9ORE9OIE9OIE5PVkVN QkVSIDUsIDIwMTIuIE9DQ1VQWSBDT05HUkVTUyBJTiBXQVNISU5HVE9OIEQu Qy4gT04gTk9WRU1CRVIgMTEsIDIwMTIuIFNUT1AgV0FSLiBDQU5DRUwgQUxM IERFQlQuIFJFRElTVFJJQlVURSBXRUFMVEguIFBsZWFzZSwgdwEwAQEBAQ--

X-YMailISG: et_A_X8WLDs7Hl0DY5uwgANyEzFevLEecHC0xJSLH80c4a8j wFr8WrquNTnOhP5wAQ7GYn0JE2U81DT2m0MCEwwCNeYleQvmVfFnhMLIGyHh 0kfORstJNuFE4PlU27IZD23pn0DY6rs_EWIenwcwix_4DIT7XALPghBe6vLY LtKgXQuags5pTjeyn42i9RmbJc9tG6Nh4BuMquBi.wdQaA4lV8D4eJImLqDl kg0OofTAkjPviO9tK0eVhrJo6zFfCcWkXfXNQnQsR1.73UayJK3Fd1yq1n3o 4Nvjy03tBTSusKfMMNstiJSuKEhVwOoid5ySKWE6Kz0pMzZj0IolfAm8Dz1y cQCdTEQMY_nkRAH0ku5lFxWyFperxqEDJQCilwyMT_YNfGulz4RwOAUHyZ1w PKwAutXEq9_M43Ccb2z8t4t0UuglnjIwID8YU9ZwtpyOgIyPSobMFGxGPHSR CsY7gB4ipDPxdOo42AMQQ1g39n4axgUzE8R84mytPG70Wp4.L2SrYnEucuMi LAXIc_CzQ_55qG0I8HJD_slKdO.iAI69Vr55B5S3ap_rWZQWU3jqbFk4iBa6 HwAnFoiYzaCQbeso0mDcb44ERnlONESy3IVHlViw6VYMXL45Y_FLjrl5mmiY zGS0IuvjsMWLqA6QS70aunFBwBLP6cneT4jXHOZMst8f38Kq7EiWmomRQ8mE MNui3ddBLJtlYpXiL.gf_HFgZ8Oc8RQDVCfYOcjCDOUFQvbgrZQLp6_Aoh2s bI8AtJekxCO9Ofnx3PuWA4D856QCWlqdJE4i00JOaSW53i0_hz9chfa4BSyY abmTw7ghR5xquxVIZFGqdhewQQW0NPAWLpAMLdYwVvphLw.yvUX0EBjzsJK. EO8M_kdKnyrz6fux0jgKnLS9u1imFk_xFbyEW9h2zGKOpaMx07pIDkgJfJcl 9fPskR89s.5zURowQfd4e9UfuXm4TdHax4eT0C1HcWB5XkiMDUadBfLvC9Q2 uqnPONhvy4EpuSJUegm1yzjpuziDIUS4UXL1w5uzs4_ComoAq40pWRFRkj8o KT5H5NbjK5XymrMAQ8D4je25EDaYjaYE6kAxqIiQxePk0N3Pc93Ew65eBLNc zg--

X-Originating-IP: [208.82.133.26]

Authentication-Results: mta1058.mail.sp2.yahoo.com from=silveradoss.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=silveradoss.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO autoinsane.com) (208.82.133.26) by mta1058.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:19:56 -0700

Received: by autoinsane.com (Postfix, from userid 33) id 2E7B0100C5BD; Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:01:03 -0400 (EDT)

To: *******************

Subject: Declaration of Revolution

FDisplay: SilveradoSS.com

Precedence: bulk

MIME-Version: 1.0

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 02:01:03 +0000

X-Priority: 3

X-Mailer: IPS PHP Mailer

Message-ID: <[email protected]>

From: "SilveradoSS.com" <[email protected]> Add sender to Contacts

Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Content-Length: 583

MESSAGE FIELD:

Dear Anonymous,

The purpose of this message is to inform you about the Revolution:

OCCUPY HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT IN LONDON ON NOVEMBER 5, 2012.

OCCUPY CONGRESS IN WASHINGTON D.C. ON NOVEMBER 11, 2012.

STOP WAR.

CANCEL ALL DEBT.

REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH.

Please, watch the "Nazi Banksters' Crimes Ripple Effect" movie to find out why, how, and to have sound arguments to persuade others. The movie can be easily found with a search engine.

Please, print the flyers at 2012jubilee.info and distribute them.

Please, spread this message and the movie to everyone you know.

-Anonymous

Edited by NHSilverado (see edit history)

8 answers to this question

• Admin

Good morning. Yes, the forum was hacked last night and "anonymous" used the forum bulk mailer to send out these emails. We aborted the bulk mail as soon as we could. Unfortunately, before we could stop it, over 5k members were emailed.

We apologize and do not support this "cause".

Many other forums, like ours, have been hit by this group over the past few months. Josh and I are not happy about this. In fact, we're incensed that someone would do this to the forum.

We will be sending out an email to all members explaining what's going on later today after we've ensured everything is locked down and 100% fixed.

Thank you for your post and we're sorry it caused you any trouble.

Just to be clear- your email and personal information was not taken from the site. They instead used the forum's built in mass email function.

Yea I see that I got it too, I just deleted it. You admin guys here are always awesome when it comes to taking care of problems like this. I respect the time and effort that you guys put into making this a great site. Maybe these stupid hackers will get caught and stop this nonsense. I wish their computers would get infected with a virus and wipe out all their stuff :angry:

• Admin

Yea I see that I got it too, I just deleted it. You admin guys here are always awesome when it comes to taking care of problems like this. I respect the time and effort that you guys put into making this a great site. Maybe these stupid hackers will get caught and stop this nonsense. I wish their computers would get infected with a virus and wipe out all their stuff :angry:

You are welcome. Thanks for the kind words- I needed something like that this morning.

X2 The admins seem to be working hard on fixing this. It is a shame someone would hack sites like this, but there are always troublemakers. Thanks to all the admins working to get us back up and running smooth. I'm lost when it's down!

Good morning. Yes, the forum was hacked last night and "anonymous" used the forum bulk mailer to send out these emails. We aborted the bulk mail as soon as we could. Unfortunately, before we could stop it, over 5k members were emailed.

We apologize and do not support this "cause".

Many other forums, like ours, have been hit by this group over the past few months. Josh and I are not happy about this. In fact, we're incensed that someone would do this to the forum.

We will be sending out an email to all members explaining what's going on later today after we've ensured everything is locked down and 100% fixed.

Thank you for your post and we're sorry it caused you any trouble.

Just to be clear- your email and personal information was not taken from the site. They instead used the forum's built in mass email function.

Thank you.

I figured it was something along those lines seeing as it happened for the 1st time ever from here.

Have a good day sir.

X2 The admins seem to be working hard on fixing this. It is a shame someone would hack sites like this, but there are always troublemakers. Thanks to all the admins working to get us back up and running smooth. I'm lost when it's down!

Right there with you guys on that one. Many thanks to the Admins for keeping this board going and running smooth. :cheers: