Should I Get A Trans Cooler?

being my engine is all stock except a CAI, Should i get a trans cooler? I live in indianapolis so temps. dont get over 100 deg. I mean i hear tranny's i our trucks arent the best. What trans cooler and size would you recommend for a stock engine? Also what else would you recommend? Like shift kit or converter or anything. I dont wanna go overkill just maybe a little extra protection. My engine will stay pretty stock!

Yeah i just dont wanna go overkill on parts i dont need or money i dont need to spend. I bar far do not hot rod around. Ive had my fun with that! I havent had a drivers license for 8 years. I been in alot of trouble for street racing my car & bike when i was younger. Alot of tickets and some jail time. So now i just cruise...LOL. Anyway i just want a little extra protection. So would a bigger trans cooler be perfect for what i need. Or get the shift kit & servo too?

i just took out my b&m cooler if you need one, it hooks into the stock lines.

i was going to post it up for sale, if you want you have first dibs.

http://www.jegs.com/...roductId=758370

IMG00064.jpg

IMG00066.jpg

Edited by silverado_ss_04 (see edit history)

If all you have is a CAI, then stick with the stock trans cooler until you jump into modifying the transmission IMO..........

Yes thats all i have is a CAI. And all on planning on doing in the future is LT headers and Corsa sport exhaust. So a trans cooler wouldnt really benefit my needs would it?

If all you have is a CAI, then stick with the stock trans cooler until you jump into modifying the transmission IMO..........

I agree too with Dan. When I had my 2 SS's with mild bolt-ons I ran the stock cooler and even out here in L.A. with 110* summer temps. in stop and go traffic I'd barely see 180*

Yes thats all i have is a CAI. And all on planning on doing in the future is LT headers and Corsa sport exhaust. So a trans cooler wouldnt really benefit my needs would it?

Unless you tow decent size loads on a regular basis, then no, you won't benefit from it at your current state....