Update On The Rims

ssbullet

Well I used this stuff called plasti dip and painted my stock chrome wheels black. It's pretty cool stuff u can pressure wash and clean this stuff. Can't degrease them or use any chemical on them. If I get tired of this look I can just peel it off like a vinyl sticker. Don't have to scuff anything. Pretty durable stuff. What y'all think?

337a4873.jpg

0a31fb95.jpg

edec9eed.jpg

dceb40e6.jpg

503b6c63.jpg

No offense to the OP, but im not sure why everyone is on a such a craze about this stuff. To me it looks cheap and makes the rims look like they are covered in brake dust. And you dont even "dip" them, you spray it. Hopefully those werent OEM SSS rims :banghead:

rant done

A lot of members on this site use plasti-dip. The black looks good, and would be great to prepare your rims for winter. Best of all, you can pill, and redo it if you had to. Great job.

i have used the stuff before, it is amazing for the winter here in Missouri, and the dont hurt the rim one bit. when you tired of the matte black or the winter is over few hours later BAM chrome again

Your rims would be siiiiiick with plasti-dip. Murda murda!

I got it from lowes. Like $6 can. It's great for car shows too. Specially if ur driving there. Just spray on the bumper or good and peel it off when u get there don't have to worry about chips n bugs. Yes it's over oem chrome rims. The best part is that u don't have to scuff them u just spray over the chrome. If u don't like it peel it all off in one big piece. It's matte black too not gray or brownish tint like some blacks have.

I love your truck bro..Silver is the best color!

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/she-back-home-499718/

Im thinking of doing something like this... what do you guys think??