Truck Rides Like Shit

So i am sick of my truck riding like shit. Truck just seems loose. Brought it to the shop. They checked it over and said the front end is tight. I have done left upper ball joint inner tie rods and all new shocks Monro mono tube shocks.Also changed the steering shaft. The shocks suck i am buying new ones. I am going to change the idler arm and Pittman arm when i do the new shocks. My question is? Has any one done the poly bushing up grade to the whole front suspension? How hard is it and did it tighten up the truck? My truck has 122k on it and I am sure the bushings have seen there better days. Any Input would be great.

Ryan banghead.gif

stock height?

Yes stock height and stock 20 inch wheels. Truck sat higher in the front slightly when i got it so about 3 months ago i lowered it down half an inch to sit level i doubt that would be my problem since it rod fine after. Also i have checked the torsion bar mounts and they seem to be fine.

Just put on my belltech shock yesterday and what a difference. Rides alot better. That's probably gonna help alot. And when my tires took a shit my truck rode like shit. If there fallen tires toss em!!

Yes stock height and stock 20 inch wheels. Truck sat higher in the front slightly when i got it so about 3 months ago i lowered it down half an inch to sit level i doubt that would be my problem since it rod fine after. Also i have checked the torsion bar mounts and they seem to be fine.

Didn't get an alignment?

My truck runs smoother on 22's with Belltech Street Performance shocks than on 20's w a thicker tire and stock shocks. You'd assume the opposite after a drop but that was the case for me.

My truck runs smoother on 22's with Belltech Street Performance shocks than on 20's w a thicker tire and stock shocks. You'd assume the opposite after a drop but that was the case for me.

Well i am ordering the shocks today then the idler arm and Pittman arm then alignment. Ill get back to you guys. Also the tires are in good shape. But they are winters.

This may sound pathetic, but when have you had the truck last lubed up? I know when I go in and have service, and come back out and the truck is lubed up it drives alot tighter, sticks to the road alot more and can corner better. Call me crazy but I can notice these small little differences.

This may sound pathetic, but when have you had the truck last lubed up? I know when I go in and have service, and come back out and the truck is lubed up it drives alot tighter, sticks to the road alot more and can corner better. Call me crazy but I can notice these small little differences.

:crazy:

• 3 weeks later...

i put belltech street performance shocks on mine at same time as i pu my 22's on and it was a night and day difference in the way it rode i had bilstiens on it with the stock rims and tires really impressed with the ride quality!

• 2 weeks later...