Heat Only Blows On 90 (Cold Air Otherwise)

I started my SS the other day and when I was driving it, it was blowing ice cold air with the a/c on on every fan setting, floor face or defroster as long as it was on 89 degrees or colder. If you switched it to 90 it when then blow very hot air. Any suggstions on this dual climate control issue? I was thinking maybe some sort of hvac return or a temperature switch? I researched this problem and it seems to happen to certain gm models from 03-06 but there was never an answer to the forums I have searched. All info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I started my SS the other day and when I was driving it, it was blowing ice cold air with the a/c on on every fan setting, floor face or defroster as long as it was on 89 degrees or colder. If you switched it to 90 it when then blow very hot air. Any suggstions on this dual climate control issue? I was thinking maybe some sort of hvac return or a temperature switch? I researched this problem and it seems to happen to certain gm models from 03-06 but there was never an answer to the forums I have searched. All info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you have the digital climate control or the normal one with the manual levers? If you have the Digital climate control it could be either the actual climate control panel itself or the temperature sensor in the headliner above your head. If you have the manual control than its most likely the unit itself. Im am unsure of how to test to see if its the sensor or the control unit if you have the Digital climate control.

Do you have the digital climate control or the normal one with the manual levers? If you have the Digital climate control it could be either the actual climate control panel itself or the temperature sensor in the headliner above your head. If you have the manual control than its most likely the unit itself. Im am unsure of how to test to see if its the sensor or the control unit if you have the Digital climate control.

It's the digital one. I unplugged the thing above my head (it was whining alot, was told its the on star speaker) since then it blows cold. I plugged it back in and it's still cold now. Is that a temperature sensor as well? All info appreciated

It's the digital one. I unplugged the thing above my head (it was whining alot, was told its the on star speaker) since then it blows cold. I plugged it back in and it's still cold now. Is that a temperature sensor as well? All info appreciated

Like The Asset said, Its the climate control sensor and fan for your climate control. Look here, I did a write up on how to fix the buzzing noise, and in one of the pics you can see the Temp sensor. Luckily the whole part with the fan etc is only about $30 from GM.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/75228-climate-control-fan-noise-fix-tons-of-pics/

------update---

I replaced the part in the roof with a brand new gm sensor. Everything bolted right up but the climate control STILL doesn't work. It blows cold for everything 89 degrees and cooler with the ac on and full heat at 90. I drove the car with the sensor out for about 5 minutes before the new one got put in. Would that possibly burn any fuses or anything(I know that for boiler electronics sometimes to blow a fuse if you give it power when not fully hooked up to everything). It sucks that I can't get this climate control working. Even with the old noisy unit I I put that back in it has no effect on the climate control temperatures...

It might be the actual climate control unit itself if that sensor didnt take care of it. If you lived close to me I would swap my unit with yours and see if it fixes it so you dont have to throw money at it. Maybe someone here would be nice enough to do the same thing if they live near you.

Just talked to the dealer they are telling me to give them 100 dollars and they think they can reprogram it. The part that is bothering me is that they are not saying if it is even programmable or not. I don't want to throw my money away. Does this need to be reprogrammed when replaced and if so is there a procedure I can follow so I can do it myself??

They dont need to be programmed when you either buy a new one or a used one. You just plug them in and go. It sounds like you might have a bad circuit or a short in the electronic board itself somewhere in your unit.

• 9 months later...

Alot of the times the circuit board gets hot, and the solder joint on certain areas will come un done. I had this happen to my corvette with basically the same unit. The board itself started to show signs of too much heat. You can take yours apart with a small screw driver and patience and take a look see. Otherwise you can find re man ones on Ebay for less than what they are brand new.