Front Differential Broken

All,

last week we got stuck with a broken front diff.

Had the car towed to my repair man. He dismanteled the whole assembly, and several teeth are missing. So needs to be replaced.

Do you have an address where we can purchase a complete replacement?

Kris (my repair man) already made some calls, but has difficulties finding the right parts. It's rather hard overhere in Europe to find the right stuff for great US icons...

thanks

Pascal from Belgium

Edited by PVerspeek (see edit history)

If you give me the Vin and the parts you need i can price them out for you. I work at a gm Dealer.

I will get back to you asap. Thanks!

Is there a possibility to get a rebuild front Diff?

Pascal

I will get back to you asap. Thanks!

Is there a possibility to get a rebuild front Diff?

Pascal

I have a complete front diff from a Silverado SS with about 36,000 miles on it. I can help you out with shipping to Europe if needed.

Let me know

It's unusual for me to recomend this, but I'd recomend looking into Jasper. The can ship overseas as far as I know and if installed at a shop you'll get a warrenty. Here is a site to check from. Jasper Powertrain They do a pretty good job on the GM front diff's. The shop I work for has installed a few and with no comback's. The are quiet and seem to hold up well. Make sure to use good synthetic fluid and if you are running the autobahn type roads I'd also recomend installing a diff fluid cooler in for the front diff. You'll use something like this cooler pump along with a large trans cooler. The front differential was never designed for full time use and as a result they never built it with a large fluid capacity. Adding a differential cooler will add in alot of fluid capacity as well as keep the fluid cool which is the biggest issue in the systems that have the front diff always locked in.

It's unusual for me to recomend this, but I'd recomend looking into Jasper. The can ship overseas as far as I know and if installed at a shop you'll get a warrenty. Here is a site to check from. Jasper Powertrain They do a pretty good job on the GM front diff's. The shop I work for has installed a few and with no comback's. The are quiet and seem to hold up well. Make sure to use good synthetic fluid and if you are running the autobahn type roads I'd also recomend installing a diff fluid cooler in for the front diff. You'll use something like this cooler pump along with a large trans cooler. The front differential was never designed for full time use and as a result they never built it with a large fluid capacity. Adding a differential cooler will add in alot of fluid capacity as well as keep the fluid cool which is the biggest issue in the systems that have the front diff always locked in.

Hi I've contacted Jasper a week ago (wrote to Mr. Charles Zambrano, International Division), but did not get a reply yet...

My VIN = 2GCEK19N941140126

If anybody could be of any assistance, I would really appreciate this... I did get a temporary Diff from Chiel from the Netherlands, but that is very soundy to. So we try not to drive the SS until a final solution.

Thanks

Pascal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pascal, all AWD Silverdo SS trucks had 4.10 gearing so yes the front diff from Jasper should be 4.10, this is just one reason why it is very hard to find a front diff that will work on these trucks.