Nvg149 To 4L80E Input Gear Adapters - Final Run Being Made - Last Chan

Time2Kill

Ok gotcha so I must have missed that somewhere why I was skimming all the posts. So this adapter sits over top of the stock input gear of the tcase inside? Do you have a picture of the tcase apart with this being installed?

LOL my bad. I totally had a major brain fart. I gotcha. Let me get my hands on a tcase. I am trying to plan this in advance just so I see what goes on. You had no issues with boring the gear so it accepts the 80e output shaft? It must make the walls a little thinner right?

It makes the walls marginally thinner. I have had a couple guys take it up over 1,500HP and I still haven't had a single gear break yet. I'm actually curious myself at what point it will break at since no one has done it yet.

The gear gets resplined. It's a different spline pattern than whats in it from the factory.

So for your cores, does it have to be the gear from the NVG149, or will a 4x4 transfer case work? Reason I ask is I have bad 4x4 case, and if I can tear it down and the input gear is the same, I'll send you that to be machined. Then when I get it back, slap it in my AWD Tcase when I do my 80e swap. But if they're not the same, that's fine. Just thought I'd ask.

No, they are not the same.

If you need a NVG149, I have a couple here in the shop. I can send the gear out to be modified, put it back in the case and send you the whole case assembled & ready to go.

Let me know

I've got a nvg149 in my SS. It's in good shape. I was just wondering if they were the same, cuz if they were, I'd pull the gear from the 4x4 case, rather than just throwing the whole thing in the trash. Lol! Thanks for the info. I'll definitely e hitting you up in the future though. Probably this summer. I'll be doing my 80e once funds allow it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

do you have any input gears available

I don't keep them on the shelf anymore, there isn't enough demand for these.

I can still modify the gears though, you either need to send me a gear or I can buy a brand new gear and have it modified.

PM me for pricing if you're interested.