Nvg149 To 4L80E Input Gear Adapters - Final Run Being Made - Last Chan

Time2Kill

These gears allow you to mate the NVG149 to a 4L80E transmission. This is ideal way to do a 4L80E swap. I know some other guys turn the output shaft down on the 4L80E, but everyone I've seen making big power has snapped the shaft off, which isn't surprising as that's the main problems with the 4L65E as well. The output shaft size is a weak link. I have had quite a few people pushing over 1000hp with these input gears and have not had a SINGLE failure. I've personally been running one in a daily driven 750hp Sierra Denali for a few years with no problems either.

Please see my original thread on these for more info/pics: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/51391-4l80e-nvg-149-32-spline-input-gear-adapter/

I'm going to make one last run of these input gears. My cost has gone up on these and I sell very few of them so I do not plan on stocking them for the future. I want to try and get the last run made within a week or two.

Let me know if you are interested. The pricing will be as follows:

Once they are ready to be made, the turnaround time is typically 5 to 7 days so I can have them shipped out fairly quickly.

PM me with any questions or if you would like to purchase one.

Edited by Time2Kill (see edit history)

I just sold out of all the cores that I had on the shelf.

I have one source where I can get 5 more of these gears, so if anyone else wants a gear, I'm limited to 5 more spots for this run unless you send me your input gear.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update to everyone that bought one, I'm expecting them back any day from the machinist. I'm hoping to have these shipped out to you guys tomorrow or early next week as long as they come in.

I have one extra gear for sale for sure. Maybe one or two more depending on if payments come in. Shoot me a PM if you need one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I do not stock them anymore as I do not have a source for cores, BUT I can still modify your gear if you send me yours OR I can buy a new one from GM and have it modified if you don't want any down time.

Edited by Time2Kill (see edit history)

What about the adapter? I actually currently have a 4L80E with the manual 4x4 (1995 GMC K2500 Suburban) and I am doing the AWD conversion because i'm in the middle of a LQ4 twin turbo swap at the same time. I had a whipple and a built 454 before that I just pulled out in favor of the swap and that had no traction so I figured after the swap i'm going to have less and love the way my AWD is in my 2010 Sierra Denali so i'm trying to get the pieces to do this. I am a transmission builder so going through the tcase or trans is not a big deal i'm just trying to see what you did through pics. If you want to shoot me a pm instead of discussing it here I understand.

What about the adapter? I actually currently have a 4L80E with the manual 4x4 (1995 GMC K2500 Suburban) and I am doing the AWD conversion because i'm in the middle of a LQ4 twin turbo swap at the same time. I had a whipple and a built 454 before that I just pulled out in favor of the swap and that had no traction so I figured after the swap i'm going to have less and love the way my AWD is in my 2010 Sierra Denali so i'm trying to get the pieces to do this. I am a transmission builder so going through the tcase or trans is not a big deal i'm just trying to see what you did through pics. If you want to shoot me a pm instead of discussing it here I understand.

I assume you mean the adapter that goes from the transmission to the transfer case with 6 bolts on each side? That's just a standard 4L80E 4x4 T-case adapter. It's on any 2003-2006 GM 2500HD 6.0L 4x4 truck, didn't matter if it was auto/manual 4x4. I can dig up the part number if needed, but you can get it at the dealer for about $75 or pick them up used on ebay. I have no idea if the OBS adapter is the same or not.

I assume you mean the adapter that goes from the transmission to the transfer case with 6 bolts on each side? That's just a standard 4L80E 4x4 T-case adapter. It's on any 2003-2006 GM 2500HD 6.0L 4x4 truck, didn't matter if it was auto/manual 4x4. I can dig up the part number if needed, but you can get it at the dealer for about $75 or pick them up used on ebay. I have no idea if the OBS adapter is the same or not.

Actually I was talking about the adapter Time2Kill had in the picture that slid onto the outputshaft of the trans. It takes two pieces to couple the 80e to the tcase according to the pics?

inputgear1.jpg

inputgear2.jpg

Edited by Carazy (see edit history)

Actually I was talking about the adapter Time2Kill had in the picture that slid onto the output shaft of the trans. It takes two pieces to couple the 80e to the tcase according to the pics? Also anyone have pictures of the tcase apart where they are replacing the new input shaft?

inputgear1.jpg

inputgear2.jpg

The top picture shows my input gear on the left and the STOCK 4L80E output shaft on the right. The only piece that is modified is the gear on the left. The shaft on the right was just pictured to show that the gear can slip onto it.

Actually I was talking about the adapter Time2Kill had in the picture that slid onto the outputshaft of the trans. It takes two pieces to couple the 80e to the tcase according to the pics?

inputgear1.jpg

inputgear2.jpg