2.3 MPG improvement with the King Cobra induction!

tbyrne

Just posted a different thread about the full system.

j4nash: That's not really an apples to apples comparision though. Your Suburban is running the 4L85e transmission while my HD has the Allision 5 speed automatic (this one eats up more horsepower). I'm also running on 37" tall tires that are much heavier than the stock that are 30" tall. Plus there are a bunch of performance mods too.

I wish at least one of my 8.1s would see 14 MPG. I took an all highway drive with my 8.1 Suburban this weekend. It averaged 11.6 MPH crusing between 70-75. I think a King Cobra will be going on this truck to see if those numbers increase. The HD was running a Volant and the Suburban breaths though one now.

Tom

Silverado2004sidesm.jpg02suburban22sm.jpg

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Full Throttle lift, 37" tires, 4.56 gears, Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction plus more! Heads, cam and intake manifold upgrade coming soon!

2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels - 13.93 @ 95.79 MPH

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Good news! A large shipment of King Cobra inductions will be heading this way today. It looks like that will take care of all of the orders that have been submitted to us plus we might have more left for stock! I'm sure those will be going fast!

Archived