Cam That Will Pass Smog

prettyflyboy83

Ok so I live in cali and i was looking into a cam for my truck but i Dnt know what to get I Dnt want to go crazy cause its my daily driver and it needs to still be able to pass smog and be reliable any suggestions anybody thanks for looking.

I don't know about Cali inspections. However my cam doesn't have a lot of lope and only guys that actually know these trucks can tell I have a cam, everyone else finds out when I get on the skinny pedal. My cam makes a huge amount of torque all the way to around 5000rpm then starts to tapper off. Also I have a Wheatley tune. My truck passed the Texas emissions test better this year then last year. I contribute that to the tune.

I have a Bullet Racing cam. I believe they are located in Mississippi.Custom grind Dur @ .004 278/286Dur @ .050 222/222Lift .600/.600 114 or 115 LSA (I will have to look this up)I'm not sure on the overlap I think it is around 45-48*

Hope this helpsGene

When trying to pass Ca emmisions its not about duration or lift, but overlap..The rule of thumb is -4* is the minumum required to pass..And the more negative overlap you have the better..I passed with my 222/226 .597/.601 114+3 in my LS1 in my 01 RCSB Sierra..You could also contact PatG and have him spec you a Ca friendly cam

I would use the Trick Flow cam TFS-30602001 for this. I've tuned a couple of LQ9's with this cam. The performance gain is very good and with good tuning it will pass emissions no issue at all. The spec's are 216/220 on a 114 and lift is only .560 which allows you to use LS6 springs. This cam works well also since the stock converter is enough (higher stall of course would be better though). The lift only being .560 gives you long life on the springs and valve seat life.