Is A New Front Anti-Sway Bar Worth Buying?

irishmauler

Yea, the poly kit up front a spend the money for a rear sway bar. Good write up on installing the rear.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/72370-how-to-rear-sway-bar-install/

Check with Norcal for the DJM. He is a trusted seller with good advice and communication.

Now if i could just get him to install the lowering kit i bought from him this winter.

Yea, the poly kit up front a spend the money for a rear sway bar. Good write up on installing the rear.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/72370-how-to-rear-sway-bar-install/

Check with Norcal for the DJM. He is a trusted seller with good advice and communication.

Now if i could just get him to install the lowering kit i bought from him this winter.

lowering a truck is easy, where you live because I'm pretty sure I live in the hog capital of the world or close to it lol

• 3 weeks later...

The stock front sway bar is already pretty beefy, and our trucks respond well to a simple $45 polyurethane bushing and end-link upgrade from Energy Suspension......

Is this the part you are talking about? and is it only for 2wd?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3%2E5213

Adding a rear sway bar alone is a mistake, these truck understeer bad as it is stock. No need to help it understeer more. However, doing a proper set of sway bars is a great improvement.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not a suspension guru, but my understanding has been, at least for cars, that by increasing the stiffness of the rear swaybar it reduces understeer:confused: which would be very helpful for our trucks.

I know my 03 has bad understeer and if I am on a spirited drive on a curvy road I can definitely feel it push sometimes. I was considering a rear sway to help with this.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not a suspension guru, but my understanding has been, at least for cars, that by increasing the stiffness of the rear swaybar it reduces understeer:confused: which would be very helpful for our trucks.

I know my 03 has bad understeer and if I am on a spirited drive on a curvy road I can definitely feel it push sometimes. I was considering a rear sway to help with this.

There are a few factors for this, one being weight distribution, out trucks have horrible weight distribution unloaded... which is another reason for the understeer. Stiffening up the rear will not allow the front to properly load the front wheels causing further understeer, this is why a balanced set of sway bars is a must. At least that is what my research got me... I can be wrong. On a car with a more balanced weight distribution, the factors change. So if I was do do it all over again, my first choice would be a balanced set of sway bars, second would be an upgraded front, but not just a rear.