NOS and Superchargers

dcairns

I bet a good Head and Cam package would get you really close to the Ford if not by it. With AWD guys we have the advantage on the street all we need is alittle more power which can be done very easily. Remember races on the Street are stoplight to stoplight not 1/4 mile tracks. I bet you for $3500 bucks I will beat a Stock Lightening to 60mph. My friend has a Ford that is stock I will let you guy know.

I would love to see one of those 11sec trucks try and hook up on street tires at a light. LOL :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lingenfelter's 6.0L Supercharger Package looks very good.

550HP. Thats right bumped up from 475HP on the C3 that ran 0-60 in 4.7 and 1/4 in 13.3. Which was by C&D which suck many times at launching cars.

The package costs 7495, its very price to have them install it though. 15000 dollars for it installed. But im sure the Silverado SS would in the 12s with that package.

the lingenfelter truck with the 475hp was more than just a blower bolt on also. as well, it weighed about the same as the ss, the new denali model has quadrasteer and this one didn't.with just a blower i'd expect to see 13.7 and not much better. add some exhaust and you may see 13.5 which will run with most stock lightnings assuming you find one stock. there are 3 at a local track which are regulars which run 12's even in 90 degree heat and one f150 regular 5.4 with the holley blower kit and a few minor bolt on's running 12.90's last i seen. i hope to be signing the papers before the end of this month on my rcsb 2wd 5.3 silverado and i'm more than willing to run any stock ss silverado. i do have to agree with ratfink on this one.

I bet a good Head and Cam package would get you really close to the Ford if not by it. With AWD guys we have the advantage on the street all we need is alittle more power which can be done very easily. Remember races on the Street are stoplight to stoplight not 1/4 mile tracks. I bet you for $3500 bucks I will beat a Stock Lightening to 60mph. My friend has a Ford that is stock I will let you guy know.

I would love to see one of those 11sec trucks try and hook up on street tires at a light. LOL :lol:

Don't bet on it.

Lightnings make alot of torque way down low. They are known to be terrors on the street because of this (and because, amazingly, they hook up very well).

To 80mph they give C5 Vettes a good run....... and will often even beat them to 80, only to be passed on the top end due to drag.

While a heads and cam package will make alot of power, it is notoriously in the higher rev range. This is not good for launching a 5200-5300lb truck quickly. What you need is more torque........ and alot of it.

While it always sounds good to say that ________ vehicle will "only" run such and such a time because that is all I have ever seen........ this doesn't really fly in the real world. If this was the case, then all Corvettes run about 16's because every one I have seen was being driven like the body is made of eggshells. :D

I still think a supercharger and other mods would be your best bet. This would give you good low end power.

Lightnings make alot of torque way down low. They are known to be terrors on the street because of this (and because, amazingly, they hook up very well).

Using those Nitto 555R drag radials that last 15,000 miles tops, yes :eek:

SS buyers aren't the only ones burning money :jester:

Using those Nitto 555R drag radials that last 15,000 miles tops, yes :eek:

SS buyers aren't the only ones burning money :jester:

Forget flywheel hp #s I dynoed mine at 477 rwhp and 647 rwtq. and I dont have any problem launching on the street. It is all in knowing how to drive. You may beat me out of the hole but I bet I beat you to 60 or even 70. From about 5-10 mph my Nittos hook up really well. And if I only get about 15000 miles out of them they will last me about 5 years ;) Also low 12s isnt very hard or expensive to achieve with a Lightning. A 6# lower pulley, cold air intake, and a chip will put you around 12.30s - 12.50s. Add to that a small (50-75) shot of the gas and youve got high 11s. Thats where Im at now. Perhaps a better race for you would be my Powerstroke, I havent ran it in the 1/4 yet but it runs mid 9s in the 1/8 with only a chip, K&N, and 4" exhaust. That should put it at mid 14s in the 1/4 and thats on 35" mud tires.

Oh BTW those mods on the Lightning add up to less than $1,000 plus about $600 for the N2O. :thumbs:

You need to concern yourself more with being able to run with the HD trucks. They generally knock off mid 14's stock, and modded low 13's high 12's. Racing a Lightning vs. a new SS is unrealistic. It would be like me challenging a Viper. Two completely diffferent vehicles.

As for being able to hook on the street. Well my mid 12 truck consistently turns 1.7xx to the 60 ft mark on the track with Nitto's, and if I do a good burnout will not spin on the street. :D

My mods include 4lb lower pulley, single blade throttle body, Superchip, C&L meter(85mm), MAC catback(worth 0 hp), and K&N filter. Notice I have a stock unmolested transmission(including torque converter), stock 3.55 gears, stock exhaust manifolds, stock catalytic converters, stock internals, and a stock Eaton. Obviously if I ever feel threatened by one of Ligenfelters $$$$$$$$$$trucks, I can mod away.

i think the silverado ss is a nice truck has a extra cab ect... i looked at 1 before i bought my 03 lightning . i was in the market for a truck i didnt need the extra cab and i wanted the extra power of the lightning so thats what i got. my truck is still stock for now only 500 miles on original tires that will hardly spin from a stop light the truck hooks and goes i am impressed with it so far. my other car is a 01 zo6 i love chevy but felt they didnt have what i wanted in a sports truck.

its all about choice to me i dont buy because it says chevy or ford or dodge i'll buy what best suits my needs be them performance , room , ect. can a ss be made to beat a lightning hell yeah i just didnt want to invest alot of money into mods for a new truck. when for as stated above diablo chip jlp ram air and 4# pulley should put my truck low 13's and loose no driveabilty.

its all about who has the most money for toys but at the end of the day the lightning is cheaper to mod than the chevy and since mods are cheap there are alot of modded lightnings out there. i cant wait for some of you guys to get heads cam ect.. add a little spray to the mix... then the ss badging will be deserved.... competion is fun for all :cheers:

I never bought this truck to race I bought it to pull my race car. I am happy with my truck it holds 4 adults, pulls a car trailer, looks GREAT, and runs great on the street. Truck is badass may not be faster than a Lighting but it has many qualities that are much better than a Lighting. And hey if they want to race I will just go get one of my Camaros and they can pick which one they want to race. :cheers: Hope those trucks run single digits at well over 130. :jester:

Archived