Engine Oil Filler Tube Problem

MARTYW

As i was replacing my water pump the other night, I noticed my engine oil filler neck is leaking. It is broken loose at the top, but securely fastened around the bottom. I could not prise it out with a screwdriver. After doing a little research, I see I need to remove the valve cover to get to take it out correctly. Anyone else have this problem? A new filler neck is running around $40, which is rediculous. Any ideas on where else I can find one besides the stealership? Anyone have any pics of the filler neck from inside the valve cover? I have not had mine off yet. Any info or help is appreciated.

I just took mine off. It should loosen just like the cap just turn it. After removing the filler neck, the cap will screw right into the valve cover same as filler neck. If you wanna buy mine you can. It's used with 68K on it.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I just took mine off. It should loosen just like the cap. After removing the cap, it will screw right into the valve cover.

iamwithstupid.gif My brother broke mine off when we did my cam install so i was forced to do that. I also might have one for sale. I think the stock on was included in my blower kit.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Marty let me look at the Radix instructions, there's a pic I think, I'll post it in a min.

*EDIT: http://www.magnachar...500-2003-06.pdf

scroll down to step #69 just says rotate a full 180* to left. I think you just got to muscle it off

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Marty let me look at the Radix instructions, there's a pic I think, I'll post it in a min.

*EDIT: http://www.magnachar...500-2003-06.pdf

scroll down to step #69 just says rotate a full 180* to left. I think you just got to muscle it off

Thanks! I appreciate the help. i guess I just did not twist hard enough. I will give it a try. Thanks again for the effort.