Magnaflow Vs Flowmaster

mgraves

oh geez not this post again! Talk about opening a can of worms! Just you tube them and get whatever you like.

not trying to open a can of worms, first sport truck/car ive ever owned, always had 4x4 tahoes and 4runners prior to this. had a flowmaster on a 95 Bronco, but it was there when I bought the truck and didnt sound that great. not looking to spend the $ on an entire cat back system, and the sound clips on youtube etc dont help me much. but thanks for everyones input....

• 1 year later...

I had shorty's a CAI and a Magnaflow on my 98 5.0 Chevy truck and it sounded kinda just meh. I just bought this 04 4.8 Chevy and it just has a Flowmaster weld in on it and it sounds way better. I like how the Corsa's sound on the LS3 Camaros. I'm eventually going to replace entire exhaust with LT's, HFC's and a full cat back. What are ppl's thoughts on single exhaust or true dual with x-pipe?

damn talk about old threads lol... true duals are always great sound and performance wise, but theres nothing wrong with a single 3" system either, it isnt restrictive or anything. they both produce different sounds for different likings

this shit is always gunna come down to opinions in the end. whats the fact of the matter, actual flow-wise? magnaflows are straight through, corsa is straight through, b&b is straight through. none of these mufflers will cause any HP or MPG losses, and all 3 produce a totally different sound. if you like them, then great you chose the ideal setup for a healthy breathing engine. if you dont, and you prefer flowmasters or other old fashioned chambered restrictive mufflers, then your truck will still drive and run- just with less TQ ;) this information is fact yet i know it will be debated as opinion until the day there are no more traditional combustion engines :lol: SO he likes magnaflow she likes flowmaster. is one "better"...? i guess thats for you to decide :D

The down pipe is 3.5" and then we ran 4" the rest of the way back. I had an extra Mbrp diesel muffler from my other pickup so I used that muffler. Is sounds pretty good every where except about about 20 percent throttle. It has some horrible drone. So you either just step on it and get to speed or you just slow roll. Lol

• 4 months later...

I have a Flow Master Series 44 (or 40 I cant remember) but on long trips it gets pretty annoying. The drone is loud in the Crew Cab, but considering that the FM is right under the passenger back seat I get it. Ive heard that if you turn the exhaust a little it quiets it a little. Daily driving it isnt to bad, when I go home (houston) from Valdosta Ga about the time I get to Louisiana I want to shoot myself. Other than the drone, I love the sound of my FM

Neither. Get the borla xr-1. You won't regret it. Not that loud at idle but it will scream when WOT. Had buddies run magna flow and it just wasent what I wanted. Ill try to post a clip later.