Custom Cam / Stall Installed...Now What?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally received the final dyno results after the Tony Mamo ported Fast LSXRT Intake , NW102 TB, X-Link, Fast Fuel Rails, and Injectors were installed. While I think the increase is great...I am still not making the peak horsepower that ShadowSniper said that he made with just a 224 cam. What gives? My next step will definitely have to be heads. Any comments (good and bad) are welcome. I will post of the dyno run once I receive the video.

prestinb (Brandon)

BrandonP..pdf

PortedFASTTruckIntakeresults-1.jpg

Edited by prestinb (see edit history)

where did you get the parts for the custom 4.25 intake? I've went around to a number of fabricators in my area and no one wants to make me a custom intake tube.

Sh*t Brad you could easily make that. Those are just silicone couplers and elbows. The pipe is just a 45* aluminum pipe painted flat black and cut right at the 45.

www.frozenboost.com has everything he has

Original poster, not trying to take anything away from your setup they provided but its actually pretty simple when you get down to it.

Sh*t Brad you could easily make that. Those are just silicone couplers and elbows. The pipe is just a 45* aluminum pipe painted flat black and cut right at the 45.

www.frozenboost.com has everything he has

Original poster, not trying to take anything away from your setup they provided but its actually pretty simple when you get down to it.

You are absolutely correct about the simplicity of the CAI...actually all CAIs are rather simple. The hard part is just sourcing the parts...hence the reason I just have them make me one while they were installing everything else. Thanks for the website...I will keep it for future endeavors.

prestinb (Brandon)

Thanks for the links guys, I'll start looking into those! My goal was to have a fab'ed up 4.25 diameter intake tube made out of AL or SS in about .060 thick material with only couplers at the tb and the volant box(welded and smoothed tube). The MAF would get taken out and an MSD IAT sensor placed around 6" infront of the TB where a 1/4-18 npt bung was welded on to the tube.. I also wanted the intake tube to be wraped in multiple layers of glass to insulate it from the under hood temps. I was planning on machining a a new plate that would bolt up to the volant box with the 3.25 od for the intake tube and the correct like 4"(or what ever size it is) side for ID of the filter to seal on. This would maintain a sealed box and the id of the intake tube and coupler to the filter would be greater in size then the 102mm tb, so the restriction of air can never be infront of the tb. A little much for an intake tube, but if you know me....you'd understand.

As for my dyno results with my old cam, it was 425 with the stock intake and 465 with the victor if i remember right. But remember i had a very nice set of TEA stage 2.5 317 heads decked to 68cc and yella terra rockers and thinner head gaskets and...and...and....

Your numbers are right there. was the converter locked?

Thanks for the links guys, I'll start looking into those! My goal was to have a fab'ed up 4.25 diameter intake tube made out of AL or SS in about .060 thick material with only couplers at the tb and the volant box(welded and smoothed tube). The MAF would get taken out and an MSD IAT sensor placed around 6" infront of the TB where a 1/4-18 npt bung was welded on to the tube.. I also wanted the intake tube to be wraped in multiple layers of glass to insulate it from the under hood temps. I was planning on machining a a new plate that would bolt up to the volant box with the 3.25 od for the intake tube and the correct like 4"(or what ever size it is) side for ID of the filter to seal on. This would maintain a sealed box and the id of the intake tube and coupler to the filter would be greater in size then the 102mm tb, so the restriction of air can never be infront of the tb. A little much for an intake tube, but if you know me....you'd understand.

As for my dyno results with my old cam, it was 425 with the stock intake and 465 with the victor if i remember right. But remember i had a very nice set of TEA stage 2.5 317 heads decked to 68cc and yella terra rockers and thinner head gaskets and...and...and....

Your numbers are right there. was the converter locked?

Ahhh....never realized you already had a set of heads installed. Converter was locked and it is a new 3000 Vigilante...could my heavy 33" tall tires reduce power that much? Also...by changing heads, what kind of horsepower could be expected with my mods?

prestinb (Brandon)

Update:

Been working with Tony Mamo from Air Flow Research on the next appropriate steps concerning heads. He is going to get me set up with a set of custom ported AFR 230 heads with all the bells and whistles, yella terra, rockers, custom length pushrods, etc. He has been great to work with and extremely patient with my bombardment of novice questions. The heads will take a little while but I will post dyno results again once they are installed.

prestinb (Brandon)