Wtb Cold Air Intake And Exhaust For 2005 Vho

mgraves

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know what you got. Just bought bone stock 05 vho and want to wake it up a little. daily driver to work so not planning anything too radical

Hi,

I have a 2005 VHO that I drive daily as well... I've upgraded the exhaust (Corsa dB), Air induction (Volant CAI with lower scoop), MAF (Jet Performance), and Hypertech Max programmer.... Truck has better throttle response, and sound (no drone at freeway speed). Gas mileage dropped from 13.4 mpg (average express way/in town) to 13.1 mpg.... I assume it dropped because of mods, but I also like to use the loud pedal alot... ;-) I love the sound of the Corsa exhaust and tune ability of Hypertech. Truck will do 140mph estimated (4,200 rpm in overdrive) with no problems. Will take to drag strip next year after winter season or buy the Hypertech PAC.

I also added a raised hood (2" rear facing) like the old Camaro/Corvette/Chevelle air induction hoods.

I hope this helped. :-)

Edited by 1500VHO (see edit history)

And NEVER go faster than the speed rating of your tires!!

These trucks are rare already, we dont need to lose another one... :closedeyes:

I "assume" that going faster than the speed rating of your tires, refers to my post of doing 140mph+ (my estimate). Just so that you and others know, my tires are Hankook Ventus ST 275-55/R20 "V rated" tires. Which means they are rated for 149mph....

Here's a link - http://hankooktireusa.com/Psearch/Search.aspx?pageNum=1&subNum=3

And don't worry you/we/me will not be losing a "rare" one...

Regards, :-)

BTW: My truck is in my avatar

VHO13. Please, whatever route you choose to go. Do not get a hand held programmer. Get a custom tune from one of our sponsors.

BlackBear

Wheatley

Zippy

ETC

You can either go mail order, in person, or get a Auto Cal.

It would be nice to get a performance tune on my truck. BUT where I live in Michigan, there are no establishments to take the truck too. Unless of course I want to drive over 4 hours south to Detroit. Unless you know of a performance tuning place in Grand Rapids. Which is still over 100 miles south of me...

Not all folks live in major metropolitan areas, or have access to speed shops...

Regards, :-)

I don't have access to a speed shop either.That's why I mentioned

BlackBear

Wheatley

Zippy

They all do mail order tunes. If you want something better, get the Auto Cal from one of them. There is really no need to go to a shop if you have the Auto Cal. Drive around,run logs, email to tuner, he tunes, upload new tune.DONE!

Edited by eeekroar (see edit history)

I don't have access to a speed shop either.That's why I mentioned

BlackBear

Wheatley

Zippy

They all do mail order tunes. If you want something better, get the Auto Cal from one of them. There is really no need to go to a shop if you have the Auto Cal. Drive around,run logs, email to tuner, he tunes, upload new tune.DONE!

Thanks!! I'll look into that... I thought all of the listed groups were speed shops, or had their own models of programmers.

Sounds good!