Headers On My 2011 6.2

mss114x44

I'm having a odd sound after my headers were installed on my 2011 Silverado 6.2 I have AR headers with high flow cats mated to my stock exhaust, now when i accelerate hard i hear a loud air swish sound (like a air bleed off valve) for a second right at the time the gears shift. We checked, I have no leaks in the system. Is it the stock muffler or maybe something to do with the trans. torque managment, wierd & annoying. Have any of you put hearder on your 2011 6.2 trucks and have this problem?

I'm having a odd sound after my headers were installed on my 2011 Silverado 6.2 I have AR headers with high flow cats mated to my stock exhaust, now when i accelerate hard i hear a loud air swish sound (like a air bleed off valve) for a second right at the time the gears shift. We checked, I have no leaks in the system. Is it the stock muffler or maybe something to do with the trans. torque managment, wierd & annoying. Have any of you put hearder on your 2011 6.2 trucks and have this problem?

This guy has a 6.2 with OBX LT's installed. Maybe he will chime in. Off topic but have a friend that works at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Sugarland, small world. Good luck to you.

http://www.silverado...-ccsb-62-build/ :takealook:

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

This guy has a 6.2 with OBX LT's installed. Maybe he will chime in. Off topic but have a friend that works at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Sugarland, small world. Good luck to you.

http://www.silverado...-ccsb-62-build/ :takealook:

Present!!!

I dont have any unusual noise from my headers...... Sounds like a normal exhaust system. Although I do have a catback too. No air wooshing noise on shifts or anything.

Ok stg313, i gues that narrows it down to my stock muffler. I'm guessing it can't handle the mass air flow from the headers & when it shifts the let off is creating a back flow through the baffles in the muffler or something. I need to change out the muffler anyway to get best flow, i just didn't want the exhaust to be real loud. Hey what a difference a air intake, headers and a tune make huh!

• 1 year later...

I know this post is over a year old but i have the exact same set on on my 2011 denali, ARH headers and high flow cats.......... i have the exact same swoosh sound while shifting. But i also have dual flowmaster exhaust.... guess its just normal

Sounds like belt slip when shifting. Check for belt dust around the alternator pulley.

aw you ruined it for me lol :( that was supposed to be the reply AFTER someone decided to answer my question :D

but yeah exactly what he said... NOTHING to do with your muffler, restriction, etc... ALL these trucks, mainly stock tuned ones, will "chirp" or slip the belt under WOT or heavy load shifts... this is why the LS2 engines started coming with a centrifigal clutch-type alternator pulley on automatic equipped vehicles, to eliminate the noise/slip

Would the gates green micro v belt solve this issue john?

Sent from my 4G Razor

i wish lol... usually a good tune, shift kit, and servos will take care of the OEM "slop" shifts that can make this issue even worse. most of the modded trucks we have or have tuned do not make this noise or have this issue any longer. ALSO 8 rib setups never hurt :D

green belt/HD gates will pretty much NEVER break though... things are super strong :thumbs:

Can always go gatorback!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

IMO i have found those belts a sales pitch. they typically do make a noise that a normal belt wouldnt, and slip every bit as much as a gates belt would when overworked. i know some people swear by them but in my professional experience/opinion we do not sell or use them. just our .02 :D

• 4 weeks later...

have'nt been here in a while. Well it turns out the sound was torque management. the massive timming pull during shifts causes the sound. once i had torque management removed it went away. Now the truck shifts really nice too. hope the transmision holds up. 40,000 miles & no problems.