Aftermarket 4.10'S For '06 Ss With 14 Bolt Rear?

I'm planning a Detroit Locker swap in my 2006 SS & want to swap to 4.10's from 3.73's. Anyone done this & where to get the gears without having to buy GM gears?? Thanks.

you can get the gears at you local speed shop. depending what brands they have; i do not recomend motive.. i got a set of 4.10 motives in my 2006 silverados and they howl...alot. its not inproper set up just the way the gears are cut ive heard...a guy i work with did yukon gears in his impala and said they work beautifully.

Why not use GM???Pricey??Yes,but set up correctly,you can bet your ass they will not howl!!!

If you are paying someone else to do it,id bet money that if the aftermarket gears you buy howl,the installer will blame it on the aftermarket.If you buy GM and they howl,the installer cannot make that excuse!!

Why not use GM???Pricey??Yes,but set up correctly,you can bet your ass they will not howl!!!

If you are paying someone else to do it,id bet money that if the aftermarket gears you buy howl,the installer will blame it on the aftermarket.If you buy GM and they howl,the installer cannot make that excuse!!

i put my own gear set in...everything with the set up is 100% right. even witht he break in. the reason they howl (and motive are notorious for howling) is the way the ring and pinion are cut. there is more strength but at the cost of a howl.

• 3 weeks later...

i got a set of motive 488s with only 2000 miles on them

How much. Mine is a 14 bolt 2wd. Got to work it out with the wife but with my cam swap injectors TB and retune and tranny mods and a gear set thats all I am going to do performance wise to it.