Fresh Paint

gutierrezvho

So about 3 weeks ago my beloved VHO was in an accident. There was damage to the whole passenger side of the truck, head lamp,bumper and grille oh and a bent rimbanghead.gif. As mad as I was I just had to remember this is the reason why we pay for insurance lol. With that said, I just got my baby back from the shop yesterday and just thought I would share a picture of the fresh paint job! I must say I love the new look although I was sad to see my old VHO emblems gosad.gif

IMG_0267163.jpg

Looks awesome! But you should have had them take off the side molding. It would clean the truck up tremendously.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! lol I know its weird but I'm probably the only person on this forum that likes the side moldings, not sure why I do but oh well!dunno.gif

As far as the rims go, they are still in production.... customwheelsdirect.com still makes them, in fact they have even updated the center caps for them which to me means they aren't going to stop making them for a little while. The new wheel I got has the newer center cap so I had to buy 3 matching ones.

here is the link if you want to check em out.

http://www.customwheelsdirect.com/html/wheels_brand/wheel_detail.php?id=70940

The stock 2004-05 "VHO" door badges can still be had last time I checked. I just sold a set on here like a month ago. Took me a few days to get them though... :thumbs:

I know ur truck would look better with the 2006 style front bumper lower valance too. It is molded in the dark graphite color- Just like the upper panel looks now on your truck.

Those earlier 2003-2004 models have that strange light grey lower color from the factory. I never did understand that one.... :confused:

-Jon in TX.

The stock 2004-05 "VHO" door badges can still be had last time I checked. I just sold a set on here like a month ago. Took me a few days to get them though... :thumbs:

I know ur truck would look better with the 2006 style front bumper lower valance too. It is molded in the dark graphite color- Just like the upper panel looks now on your truck.

Those earlier 2003-2004 models have that strange light grey lower color from the factory. I never did understand that one.... :confused:

-Jon in TX.

I love the 06 bumper and I agree 100% it would look way better with it. I honestly hate the 04 bumper it kills me every time I see an 05 or 06 with the graphite bumperangry.gif

Looks great but your truck is a VHO being an 04. Badging it as a V-Max isn't correct just FYI but I doubt most others will know that.

I know that it isn't a vmax but I had no idea that they were even going to rebadge it... Like I said I was sad to see them go because they are hard to come by these days. According to the guys from the shop the dealership couldn't get them so I guess that's as far as they took the search and just ordered the v-max badges knowing that it is just the newer version of the VHO.

Edited by gutierrezvho (see edit history)