Bank 1 And 2 Running Rich, Cel P0172, P0175

BlueAKSSS

This is a follow up on Jason*'s truck from when he posted a thread about it running rich. Anyways I scanned his truck with HP Tuners and here's the log from it. Looks to me like the O2 sensors are reading right and switching back and forth but it does look like the fuel trims are off. His truck is all stock but throwing these codes P0172 and P0175. We cleaned the MAF and reset the fuel trims last week because they were in the red and cleared the codes. This week the check engine light came back on same codes, and looks like the fuel trims are trying to go negative again. I'm no expert at reading a log from HPTuners so hopefully someone can give Jason some input on this.

Jason SS 2004 Short Log.hpl

DTCs for Jason.txt

If nothing has changed in the tune and new parts haven't been installed, then the issue is mechanical. Either a bad fuel pump, pressure regulator, sensors,injectors and so on. Proper diagnostics need to be ran to see what is failing.

sent from my thunderbolt

The fuel trim was reset and we cleaned out the MAF real well. I don't know if you can see the link Matt provided with all the sensors but they seem to be reading normal. My next step will just be to take it into the dealership and have them take a look I guess

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Just to let anyone who reads this in the future, my code just turned off on it's own. It has yet to come back on (it's been about 2 weeks so far) and this leads me to believe it may be my air filter messing with my MAF, which was a problem for the previous owner of the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed it was. I brought it to the stealership a couple times for this very problem and was always sent away with "your K&N filter oil collecting on the MAF is causing your problem." Honestly, I hadn't seen the CEL come on in well over a year prior to selling it to you so I never really gave it much thought (outside of what we already discussed).

Edited by Lefty (see edit history)