2001 Gmc Sierra C3

I recently bought a 2001 GMC Sierra C3 that is a previous water damage vehicle. I have replaced the gas tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, flushed the fuel lines and I cant get it to run. It threw a couple codes but they are only the oxygen sensors. If you spray some starting fluid back in the intake it will start and then shut off. I know it is firing and getting fuel to the fuel rail but I dont think the injectors are working. I replaced the injectors also and still no luck. What could the problem be? I have also checked all the fuses in the truck and all are ok. Oh and the water damage was just about 4 inches high in the cab so the whole truck wasnt underwater...Thanks in advance.

Carl

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first replaced the fuel pump it would barely run...it would rev up to 4500rpms but it sounded like it was running on 4 cylinders. Could the cats be clogged up and cause it not to run at all. When I started it and let it sit and idle for about 5 to 10 minutes the exhaust got really hot. I mean hot enough to wilt the grass under the truck.

Does it start at all? Run for a minute? Also did you put the intake back on after you sprayed either in it, cause they don't like to run without air going thru the maf. If you think the cats are clogged you can pull the o2's, it'll run without those just really rich. I don't see clogged cats preventing it from starting though.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)