Honda S2000

srtSSsvt121

I was on my way home, when i notice a car weeving behind me trying to get through. i realized that it is a honda s2000. I read up that these things are suppose to be fast. he pulls up next to me and nods his head to punch it and he and his friend seem to be cocky, or thats how it appeared. I was like what the heck so i punch it at about 50, and i was pulling away by a car and a half, till 90 is when he passed me. I thought for sure that he would have beat me. All i have done was intake and exhaust. I think i could have killed him off the line after that race. I turned off fleeing from any cops that have might of seen the race. That was the highlight on the night. :flag:

I was on my way home, when i notice a car weeving behind me trying to get through. i realized that it is a honda s2000. I read up that these things are suppose to be fast. he pulls up next to me and nods his head to punch it and he and his friend seem to be cocky, or thats how it appeared. I was like what the heck so i punch it at about 50, and i was pulling away by a car and a half, till 90 is when he passed me. I thought for sure that he would have beat me. All i have done was intake and exhaust. I think i could have killed him off the line after that race. I turned off fleeing from any cops that have might of seen the race. That was the highlight on the night. :flag:

Those cars redline at 8K....don't come alive until 5K RPM's or so. I think the S2000 would be a crappy car to have to drive every day. Not surprised you killed him up to 90 mph.

My friend has one and I drove it a few times. They are very low on torque and his doesn't come on to the second cam until 6500 and shift at 9000. They have something in the range of 240 hp with a 1.4L engine. Fairly fast car but if he didn't have it twistin when he hit it he is dead meat. My friend is a little nervious about running mine. He definitely would get me after 90. but up to that would be interesting.

its definetly not much for drag racing, but they'll own almost anything on a road corse. excellently balanced car and very light for the amount of power it makes, just gotta keep the RPMs up to keep it moving fast.

its definetly not much for drag racing, but they'll own almost anything on a road corse. excellently balanced car and very light for the amount of power it makes, just gotta keep the RPMs up to keep it moving fast.

I have a friend who would respectfully disagree with you. He road raced BMW's for quite a while and also owns a Miata. He said he took an S2000 out for a while and it was very unpleasant to drive. He likened it to driving a motorcycle. The powerband was up so high that it made it much more work to drive than it was worth. Said he could kill it with his Miata, because the Miata has power all over, whereas you have to really work to get to the S2000's powerband. But that's just him, I don't know, I've never driven one... :confused:

They have something in the range of 240 hp with a 1.4L engine.

Sorry to nitpick, but didn't the S2000 start off with a 2.0L engine for the first couple of years and the new ones have a 2.2L with same power output (just a bit different power band)..

They have something in the range of 240 hp with a 1.4L engine.

Sorry to nitpick, but didn't the S2000 start off with a 2.0L engine for the first couple of years and the new ones have a 2.2L with same power output (just a bit different power band)..

You are correct the are 2.0, I miss typed. Don't know about new ones.

Dan

Good kill... I have driven one - the redline was actually 9k. It was a blast to drive (when you are beating the crap out of it) otherwise its like nothing special. The gearing is very close and does keep you in the powerband. I think the mag's claimed a 13.9 - I have seen stock ones run 14.2's. Anyway... get caught in the wrong gear or bog off the line and it is all over - and probably would take till 90-100 to get it back. That would be great on video - would love to see that guys face, lol.

oooooooh, Torque, isn't great to have that feling on a great american V8. Back in the 80's I used to own a Mazda Rx7. And I tell you, to get those cars going feels like your taking off on an airplane. 8-9k power band. Hey Dancar, where in Vestal are you from? I live about 45Minutes from vestal, I spend a lot of time around there, to get to the movies eat etc!. There are a couple of guys from around close to us we are planning a get toghether before the snow starts flying. I f interested maybe we drop you a line. Let me know. :thumbs:

:seeya:

SSMANIAC,

I live off the Vestal Rd. about 1/2 mile west of the Town Square Mall. I may be interested in a get together someplace before winter. Let me know if anything gets firmed up.

Dancar

Ummmm.......I think I know what you meant but that post sounds really bad :puke: Sorry, ill get my mind out of the "gutter" now.

SSMANIAC,

I live off the Vestal Rd. about 1/2 mile west of the Town Square Mall. I may be interested in a get together someplace before winter. Let me know if anything gets firmed up.

Dancar

Ummmm.......I think I know what you meant but that post sounds really bad :puke: Sorry, ill get my mind out of the "gutter" now.

It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what you ment. I wish I could retract that statement after reading it again. I guess I didn't understand my audience well enough

Thanks for the tip. --- oops, there I go again :puke:

Archived