160 Thermastat

I have a bully dog programmer cuz I got good deal on it and I use it for tire size at the track but I was wondering if I get a 160 thermostat if it will work with my tune or can I take it to dealer to have them program it or will it hurt anything if I don't tune it?

You need a tune to run a 160 stat, if not tuned you will lose 1-2 mpg, and better off anyways just getting a custom pcm tune from one of the reputable tuners, well worth the money.

I'd like to but at the track I'd have to run stock sized wheels n tires instead of my race ones, either that or I get two PCM's one for street n one for strip.

Tire size also affect the transmissions shift point...

You can get a tune, just make sure you tell your tuner not to lock the pcm. Then you can use the bullydog to change tire size at the track. The only problem is that I know a few tuners wont tune your truck if you ask to leave the pcm unlocked. So ask around.

sent from my thunderbolt

Tire size also affect the transmissions shift point...

You can get a tune, just make sure you tell your tuner not to lock the pcm. Then you can use the bullydog to change tire size at the track. The only problem is that I know a few tuners wont tune your truck if you ask to leave the pcm unlocked. So ask around.

sent from my thunderbolt

Yes that too, my bad. You could always get an autocal if money isn't an issue

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk