My 2003 May Have To Go

xlman

Guest JasonHensley22

AFAIK, it was rumored that the 427SS concept was detroyed by GM.........and by destroyed, I mean they crushed it. :uhoh:

Yeah aren't they not allowed to drive those legally. I guess they can't sell them either huh?

I can honestly say that I regret selling my SSS to @JasonHensley22 almost every day. I replaced it with a Sierra Denali to more comfortably support the family needs. There is just no comparison. The SSS embodied a mood, a style, a feeling...none of which can be replaced. Like kc said, the Denali has a lot of creature comforts and is a really nice ride. It just does not invoke the same desire to drive it as the SSS did. I looked forward to getting in a driving to/from work, around town, and on the highway. Far and away, it was my favorite vehicle ever owned. The SD is just another truck... If I had to do it over again, I would not sell it.

FWIW xlman, keep it. Your thoughts already indicate that you'll be in the same boat as me and will regret the decision to sell it (especially if you sell it local and the guy joins SilveradoSS.com and parades your old ride around for you to see all the time. :crackup: j/k Jason, I love that you are as enthusiastic about the truck as I was).

This mirrors my feelings. I have owned my SSS twice. Traded it, could not stand life without it, got it back (luckily enough). If my Denali got totalled while I watched it would not make any difference to me.

• 3 months later...

Yes sir :thumbs:. Any idea how much the TBSS weighs? Same, less, more?

Don't know the exact weight on the TBSS, I hear they are 1200 pounds lighter......horswepower to weight ratio favors the TBSS. I had one walk me pretty good when I was still stock Edit: Edmounds says it weighs 4496 lbs

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I traded my sss in a brand new ltz duramax in the same color red couldn't stand not having the ss turned around and bought it back still got the duramax and the sss will never part with it again couls barely stand not having it for the 2 weeks it was in the body i was up there almost everyday checking on it

but keep the sss it will pay off in the future even if gm makes another ss truck

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...