Awd Or 2Wd ?

fast_ass_truck

awd is what makes everyone sat bs when you tell them your truck came like that imo its the only thing that makes the ss any different from other performance trucks , in all other aspects they lack in what a performance truck should be stock.

the fastest truck list does say alot too. is there any 2wd even in the 11's yet?

I like rwd :) plenty of trucks in my area in the 11's 2wd

i like the tire roasting ability for sure but when i wanna hook i get a lil bummed cause i cant on street tires i havent run at the track because of this reason although ide love to see what kind of numbers my truck will put down i dont think my stock rearend could take it.....u should figure out what ur plans r for mods and make ur decision accordingly brobradh has a good point there is less parts that will break but i dunno how long a stock rearend would take launching on slicks G/L and let us know what u come up with

My stock rear end is a 14 bolt...so it is plenty stout.

ss trucks in the 11's 2wd? who and what setup they running?

im just saying it takes more work to get a 2wd ss as quick since an awd ss .suspension and drivetrain in awd needs no attention less trans but thats something that is a given in either form .

its just harder to make a truck with no weight over the drive axle fast since traction is a major role.

ss trucks in the 11's 2wd? who and what setup they running?

im just saying it takes more work to get a 2wd ss as quick since an awd ss .suspension and drivetrain in awd needs no attention less trans but thats something that is a given in either form .

its just harder to make a truck with no weight over the drive axle fast since traction is a major role.

Chase does have a valid point with my awd and nitrous I had no problem with traction .... Sorta lol but I needed no suspension work to pull the 1.6 60ft and 7.60 time slip

Chase does have a valid point with my awd and nitrous I had no problem with traction .... Sorta lol but I needed no suspension work to pull the 1.6 60ft and 7.60 time slip

:squintnoeswerdrun: to both of you. If I wanted 2wd I would have bought the Srt-10 Nite Runner back in 08. Nothing compares to these trucks with awd. Now only if I had coin to turn my truck "Lethal" and pull awd burnouts like Lamanas video :thumbs:

:squintnoeswerdrun: to both of you. If I wanted 2wd I would have bought the Srt-10 Nite Runner back in 08. Nothing compares to these trucks with awd. Now only if I had coin to turn my truck "Lethal" and pull awd burnouts like Lamanas video :thumbs:

Lol yea I Remember that video it was pretty sick but I never got to do awd burnoose but I almost took out a camera man jumping over the railing to snap pictures for a magazine when I was getting the water off the tires

awd allday i hate my 2wd but at the time i did not know a dam thing about a awd. when i bought my truck but my buddy with the same mods as i did at the time would beat me all day .handle and out run a 2wd alll day in the streets imo but buy what ever u want ,u are well aware of what kind of damage a awd can be capable of gl

Edited by jgpclone (see edit history)