Awd Or 2Wd ?

fast_ass_truck

well ill be in the market for another SS here some time soon i hope gotta get through some things first before i do so (wife) :fingersx:

i had a 2003 awd ss i sold back in 2010 and i loved the lauch i would get out of the 408 and 150 shot of go go juice but im kinda torn with what i want as far as 2wd and awd i mean ive seen great prices on the 2wd but idk if im sold on 2wd since i have a 2wd CC right now and i know we dont get too much snow here in dfw texas and im not looking to set any records i just want to mod the truck to my liking and enjoy it well your opinions are greatly appreciated thank you

johnny

you can roast the tires with 2wd :peelout: . i say go awd just because if you do ever travel anywhere in the winter and need it you have it. and of course the launching like you already metioned.

yea i would def roast the rubber with 2wd but you do make a point

anyone else ?

Howdy Johnny.....both have thier advantages and disadvantages....2WD has less stuff to break :)

HA !! i knew you would chime in on this brad well that you are right but from your point of view we both shared similar hp gains with your maggie and my 408 motor only as far as in town driving from stop lights , hwy punches and etc is 2wd worth having

i like the tire roasting ability for sure but when i wanna hook i get a lil bummed cause i cant on street tires i havent run at the track because of this reason although ide love to see what kind of numbers my truck will put down i dont think my stock rearend could take it.....u should figure out what ur plans r for mods and make ur decision accordingly brobradh has a good point there is less parts that will break but i dunno how long a stock rearend would take launching on slicks G/L and let us know what u come up with

awd is what makes everyone sat bs when you tell them your truck came like that imo its the only thing that makes the ss any different from other performance trucks , in all other aspects they lack in what a performance truck should be stock.

the fastest truck list does say alot too. is there any 2wd even in the 11's yet?

You do make a valid point there chase and I totally agree given the fact that the awd is heavier the added grip pays off as well but also it does make it unique in a way that no other truck was made awd with the exception of the tbss and srt jeep