24'S Or 22'S W/3/4 Or 4/6 Djm

michael1

Ok, I have been looking thru all the threads on here and havent found anything to really help me decide on which setup i wanna run I want to lower my SS, open to all suggestions, however i havent found out which looks best, and what tire size to run with the lowering kit.

I need some help here.

3/4 DJM drop or 4/6 DJM drop????

24's or 22's????

I have been tryng to figure out based on some of your trucks, which looks best, which rubs? Correct tire size with each drop that gives the truck the right stance.

Post up.

Thanks

Your truck is AWD, you are limited to a 3/4-drop kit without extreme re-engineering efforts in the front suspension. PIMPSS has had both 22's and 24's on his truck, and IMO the 24's are too big a rim, they definitely put the donk in your ride - if you like that kind of thing then go ahead but I say run the 22's. FWIW PIMPSS traded the 24s back for 22s after the novelty wore off. PLUS, I would not want the expense of having to buy 24" tires!

Mr. P. :)

PS - where in Texas are you located?

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

personally id go with a 3/4 drop and 22's. im dropped 3/4 and i run 24s with 305/35 tires. im glad my trucks not my DD because i rub a bit if i hit a bump with my tires turned. i dont rub bad at all but just a little. i wouldn't be able to haul heavy loads at all. i say hauling a quad would be about as much as i could load without rubbing. im thinking of keeping my 24's but also buying a set of 22's just to see what i like best. personally i like my 24's on the truck alot and i don' t think they look like donk's. heres a few pictures. like i said im lowered 3/4 with 305/35/24s

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

in this pic you can see how close that front tire is to the fender. i dont rub bad on the upper fender its the fender closest to the firewall im starting the rub a hole through the plastic. i think most of my rubbing is do to having such a wide tire. thats why most guys go with a 285 or 295.

IMG_9239.jpg

Great information, I appreciate it alot. What offset wheel do you have Bad Ass Silvy with that size tire?

Here is the rim and tech. specs.

I have the 6x5.5 bolt pattern with a 14mm offset

http://aewheel.com/wheels_detail_specs.cfm?id=439 :takealook:

part # 0518-0966

Shawn's truck is lookin good in those pics!

In the end it's all personal preference on rim size. Hopefully our replies help you make the best decision...

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I ran 24"s with 305/35/24 and did rubb quite a bit. Now I'm running 26"s, I'm running 295/30/26 and have very Lilttle rubb but nothing I can't handle. I'm recommend u running 295/35 so u won't have any major rubbing and plus 24s look best in our trucks specially with a 3-4 drop.

Wichita Falls

My truck is AWD

What part of Texas are you in? I have some brand new DJM 3" lower control arms id sell since its gonna be awhile before i go lower.

I have a 3/4 on 22's w/ 275/45/22" tires but my rims are 22X8.5's

post-14055-024453100 1314985219_thumb.jpg

What offset are your wheels?

personally id go with a 3/4 drop and 22's. im dropped 3/4 and i run 24s with 305/35 tires. im glad my trucks not my DD because i rub a bit if i hit a bump with my tires turned. i dont rub bad at all but just a little. i wouldn't be able to haul heavy loads at all. i say hauling a quad would be about as much as i could load without rubbing. im thinking of keeping my 24's but also buying a set of 22's just to see what i like best. personally i like my 24's on the truck alot and i don' t think they look like donk's. heres a few pictures. like i said im lowered 3/4 with 305/35/24s

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

in this pic you can see how close that front tire is to the fender. i dont rub bad on the upper fender its the fender closest to the firewall im starting the rub a hole through the plastic. i think most of my rubbing is do to having such a wide tire. thats why most guys go with a 285 or 295.

IMG_9239.jpg

Wichita Falls

Your truck is AWD, you are limited to a 3/4-drop kit without extreme re-engineering efforts in the front suspension. PIMPSS has had both 22's and 24's on his truck, and IMO the 24's are too big a rim, they definitely put the donk in your ride - if you like that kind of thing then go ahead but I say run the 22's. FWIW PIMPSS traded the 24s back for 22s after the novelty wore off. PLUS, I would not want the expense of having to buy 24" tires!

Mr. P. :)

PS - where in Texas are you located?

I dont have mine installed yet due to a assignment in Korea but I have a 4/6 and I am going to run 285/35/22 on mine soon as I get home to get it all put on. I am currently running 305/45/22's

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)